Job Title: Finance Volunteer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Under the direction of the Finance Officer, the Finance Volunteer is responsible for assisting the Finance team in the day-to-day accounting operations in accordance with IRC’s policies and procedures, and in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
International Rescue Committee Profile:
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation, and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict-affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist Finance in day-to-day bookkeeping and data processing.
- Updating the cash books
- Prepare cash transaction vouchers.
- Assist in sorting, labeling, and organizing of Finance files.
- Stamp all the finance payment vouchers.
- Assist in clearing payments in the online BvA system.
- Assist in preparation of monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements.
- Assist in the verification of expenditures submitted by the Program staff for adjustment against their advances.
- Learn about the importance of policies and procedures in an organization, including confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as requested by any finance staff.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Finance or any other related course.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Knack for detail.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Strong computer skills especially in MS excel and word.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020 – No Experience Finance Volunteer:
Application letters, complete with Curriculum Vitae giving two (2) referees, and copies of academic and professional certificates should apply online by clicking on the “Apply Now” button below.
- This position is open only to Ugandan nationals.
- The deadline for receiving applications is 3rd April 2020.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.