Job Title: Finance Technical Assistant – Norwegian Refugee Council Jobs
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council
Contract Duration: 6 months with a possibility of extension
Duty Station: Kampala
Norwegian Refugee Council Profile:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure safe custody of NRC finances and keep the petty cash float, to be issued in accordance with NRC policies and procedures.
- Review payment requests for accuracy, completeness, compliance, level of authorization and clarity on the invoices.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Support in ensuring that accurate and timely accounts are submitted to the Finance Coordinator in Kampala by 5th of every month in accordance with NRC financial policies and procedures.
- Assemble documents for data input in the accounting system, verify and register project numbers/codes, resource numbers and total costs.
- Prepare and review payment vouchers and invoices for accuracy and reconcile discrepancies.
- Follow cash advances and their purposes and ensure value for money when verifying accountabilities with the Finance Coordinator.
- Make all payments including field payments after approval by the Project respective authorities.
- Compile and verify the accuracy of necessary documents by the Finance Coordinator.
- Maintain open communication with program staff, NRC Kampala and others for all financial clarifications.
- Ensure timely scanning of all vouchers, proof of payments and TCP before month closure.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of all NRC financial and accounting files and transactions
- Ensure proper management of accounting documents and records.
- Help the Finance Coordinator prepare monthly financial reports for submission to the Finance Manager.
- Coordinate financial matters with third parties like banks, vendors and tax authorities.
- Make sure all financial documents for Kampala and Field offices are archived in the Country Office store
- University Degree in Accounting and Finance
- CPA or ACCA qualification
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- At least 3 years’ experience in an INGO environment an added advantage
- Excellent computer skills with hands-on experience on computerized accounting systems; and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strict attention to policy and practice detail
- Very strong financial analysis skills and Good knowledge on financial reporting systems
- High integrity
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to function independently and as a work team leader/facilitator
How To Apply for Norwegian Refugee Council Jobs – Finance Technical Assistant:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply by using the “Apply Now” button below.
Deadline of this Job: 07th June 2020