Job Title: Administration Assistant – Plan International Uganda Jobs
Organization: Plan International
Type of Role: Open Contract.
Reports to: Administration Coordinator
Plan International Profile:
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners. We are independent of governments, religions and political parties. What does Plan International do? We work with children, young people and communities to tackle the root causes of discrimination against girls, exclusion and vulnerability. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. Our work enables children to prepare for and respond to crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International has been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and is active in over 70 countries.
The position has no approval authority and supervises drivers and Welfare Assistants. The position directly supports the Administration department and works closely with the Administration Coordinator in the execution of the duties.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Admin Logistical Support
- Prepare prompt payment to vendors according to the approved purchase order agreement; ensure punctual delivery of goods and services by the vendor; proper receipt and clearance of any materials, supplies, or equipment; and the negotiation of any returns or adjustments which may become necessary.
- Book hotels and community food vendor services for accommodation and workshops required in conformity with Plan policies and procedures. Also organize Plan events, workshops and other related functions as agreed with the supervisor.
- Review active orders to determine delivery status and follow up with vendors to assure prompt delivery.
- Communicate with staff concerning delivery progress; maintain records to record receipt of invoices.
- Perform procurement tasks that may be delegated by the Administration Coordinator.
- Based on received request, book hotel services for accommodation and workshops as required.
- Writing orders in the line of responsibility and drafting related correspondences.
- Monitor the usage of stationery and order for replenishment as and when necessary.
Management Of Front Desk And Switch Board
- Receive, announce and direct visitors to staff at Office in a courteous manner. As requested, make appointments.
- Keep the reception area in an orderly manner to include updated reading materials, clean and organized arrangement, and easy access of visitors to beverages.
- Receive incoming calls and place outgoing calls and handle incoming and outgoing correspondences addresses to Plan.
- Develop and regularly maintain updated Office telephone directories. Complete telephone logs booked through reception for outgoing calls booked through the switchboard by indicating whether they are personal or official.
- Report and suggest solutions related to improvement or malfunctioning of the switchboard to your supervisor.
- Responsible for general office cleaning, office equipment maintenance and utilization, utility bills payment and tracking and follow-up on repairs needed with external service providers and the landlord to ensure works are done and are value for money.
- Prepare and follow weekly transport schedules for the PU with relevant staff and as may be required liaise with Country Office and other PU administration staff to ensure efficiency in staff movements according to Plan transport policy
Management Of Petty Cash Function Within Established Procedures
- Maintain reconciled Petty Cash Ledger by making entries into the ledger book to ensure that daily cash at hand reconciles with book balances.
- Make petty cash payments against accurately completed and approved petty cash request forms.
- Request petty cash replenishment as and when there are minimum balances and keep safe custody of the petty cash balances.
- During the absence of customer care officer at reception, cover the reception desk and perform core activities of customer care desk.
- Organizes Plan events, workshops and other related functions as agreed with the supervisor.
Dealing With Problems
- As delegated by the Procurement and Administration Coordinator, perform the tasks in line with established procedures and policies.
Communications And Working Relationships
- Communicates with the Administration coordinator and staff in regard to approval of requisitions and receiving of requisitions respectively.
Child Protection Policy Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the Child Protection Policy, Code of Conduct and reporting any CPP issues.
- Responsible for the implementation of the CPP standards as they apply to area of responsibility plus the development of actions to address identified gaps and monitoring their effectiveness.
- Ensure that all Plan International partners, visitors and associates in his/her area of responsibility are provided with, are made aware off and have signed and returned a copy of the child protection policy. Inform the partners, visitors and associates that they must comply with the policy in all contacts and communications with children during their visit.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Social Sciences, Administration, Education or another related field.
- At least 2 years of working experience in a relevant field.
- Experience in use of Microsoft office applications i.e. a word, excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability and willingness to learn and travel to the field
- Very well organized and able to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
How To Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply by using the “Apply Now” button below.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy.
As an international child-centred community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realisation of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.