Job Title: Administrative Officer – MSH Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Management Sciences for Health Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Uganda Profile:
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) works shoulder-to-shoulder with countries and communities to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by building strong, resilient, sustainable health systems. Together, we seek to achieve universal health coverage—equitable, affordable access to high-quality health services for all who need them—even in fragile, post-crisis settings. For more than 45 years in 150 countries, MSH has partnered with governments, civil society, the private sector, and thousands of health workers on locally-led solutions that expand access to medicines and services, improve quality of care, help prevent and control epidemics, support inspiring leadership and transparent governance, and foster informed, empowered, and healthier communities.
The Administrative Officer is responsible for providing administrative, operational, and logistical support to the office and coordinating administrative efforts for field technical activities. S/he has the primary responsibility of ensuring that office administrative operations are functioning efficiently and effectively and are aligned to support the attainment of project results and client expectation. Supports general operations activities and day to day management of office operations equipment to ensure proper functioning/ routine maintenance and supplies stocks management. Also takes care of general office hygiene in line with MSH standards and procedures. S/he ensures administrative and program support are conducted according to MSH policy, standard operating procedures, donor regulations and good business practices and that tasks are completed with high quality and integrity standards.
Provide Front Desk and general administrative support, ensuring a smooth workflow within office operations. Manage the consumables and stationery stores ensuring proper records of incoming and outgoing requests and timely replenishment of recurring needs. Ensure office Petty cash is well managed and support the Fleet of Vehicles.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages office day today administrative and operational functions inclusive of the front desk
- Assist in preparation of invitations to workshops/training participants in accordance with the MSH procedures, with particular attention to ensure adherence to policies on allowances
- Conduct the Anti-Terrorism Clearance Verification Process for events’ participants, venues and related service providers,
- Ensure the availability of materials, stationery, printed materials, branded materials, name tags, registration sheets, all arranged and packaged for training activities.
- Assist with arranging and planning of internal events and conferences/events.
- Maintain minimum Office Petty Cash ensuring cash count reconciliation at least once a week.
- Ensure the office has adequate stock of equipment/office supplies, water, etc.
- Ensure garbage is collected from office premises whenever due or at intervals as per contracted collectors. Supervise the services of garbage collectors and other external service providers and report any concerns to the supervisor.
- Ensuring that office windows and doors are safely secured, lights are off every after work hours, working with cleaning staff.
- Perform regular inspection of plumbing, drainage, sewerage, electrical fittings and other installations to ensure that they are in proper order or report to supervisor as necessary.
- Ensuring that the centralized printers and photocopiers are loaded with papers and consumables at all times as well as reporting malfunctioned cases to the supervisor.
- Ensure that office windows, doors and all accesses are securely closed daily after close of business.
- Maintains the flow of materials and supplies to the consumables stores using bin cards.
- Receive procured items into the consumable stores, record, manage and issue out requests to staff.
- Ensure regular stock count and balance indication on bin cards
- Provide regular status reports and timely replenishment requests
- Take custody and arrange the availability of audio-visual equipment, displays and other meeting needs
- Verify delivered items in line with Purchase Order quantities and quality (specifications) working with the respective purchasers and respective technical persons
- Provide support for office opening and closing working with supervisor
- Support and work with supervisor in regular assets verification
- Ensure that all equipment and supplies leaving the office for any other destination have approved gate passes and are appropriately recorded
- Coordinate driver itineraries and ensure that vehicle service and repair requests are timely submitted working in liaison with drivers, supervisor and operations/procurement staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related fields.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant administrative experience in supporting teams of professionals.
- Strong administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills, able to work well under pressure.
- Familiarity with travel logistics and event planning.
- Experience with US government donor projects.
- Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively in a complex Program and in a diverse multi-cultural team environment.
- Ability to work independently and to excel at operating in a fast pace, health management support environment.
- Ability to carry out independent work, take initiative, be responsible, maintain can-do attitude and use sound judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A demonstrated commitment to high professional and personal ethical standards.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of MS Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, and other applications.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their applications online by using the link below:
Only online applications will be considered.
Deadline: June 24th 2020.