Job Title: Field Assistant – UNHCR Uganda Jobs
Organization: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Uganda
Position No: 10033689
Duty Station: Lamwo
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Uganda Profile:
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
The Field Assistant is normally supervised by the Field Officer/Associate and performs a variety of functions related to Field activities within the office. The supervisor exercises close control and regular review of the work processes and provides regular advice and guidance.
The Field Assistant keeps frequent internal contacts with staff members in the same duty station to exchange information and with the external contacts generally with officials of national and international institutions, leaders of the refugee community, local population and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
- Collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Liaise with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Direct incidents and problems to the supervisor when they cannot be resolved at their level.
- Perform other related duties as required
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Field Assistant job placement should have completed High school diploma. Required.
- One year of previous relevant job experience is required.
- Fluency in English is required
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position is desirable.
- Certificate in Business Administration, Law, Political Science is desirable.
- Stakeholder Management
- Planning and Organizing
- Technological Awareness
How To Apply for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2020:
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications online via the link below:
Closing Date: 21st June 2020 by 5:00 pm