Job Title: Front Desk Officer – NGOs Bureau Uganda Jobs
Organization: National Bureau for NGOs Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala.
Reports To: Administration & Human Resource Officer
National Bureau for NGOs Uganda Profile:
The National Bureau for NGOs (NGO Bureau) is a semi-autonomous body under the Ministry of Internal Affairs established by the NGO Act 2016. The Act mandates it to register, regulate, coordinate, inspect, monitor and oversee all NGO operations in the country.
The NGO Bureau is seeking to engage and therefore invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to take up the following positions:
The front desk officer will be responsible for providing administrative support to the front desk and reception area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Receive, welcome and sit visitors, and draw the attention of the relevant officer:
- Receive, record and summarize incoming applications for interns and job applicants ensuring that all applications and correspondences received are secure and directed to the responsible office;
- Receive visitors and telephone callers and find out the nature of their enquiry:
- Provide information to assist clients or refer them to appropriate contacts, either in the organization or elsewhere.
- Arrange appointments for callers or for people working in the organization and keep records of the appointments
- In liaison with cleaners, ensure that the Reception Area is tidy and well-arranged
- Ensure comfortable sitting and waiting for incoming visitors:
- Work hand in hand with the Assistant Administrative Officers in the management of incoming and outgoing correspondences:
- Answer calls, take electronic messages, direct calls, manage the correspondences book or register:
- Carry out word processing and formatting directing incoming mail and relevant information for action points to the Bureau’s officials and/or to the official email address: xi. Manage the Duty Attendance Book at the reception;
- Keep keys safe and passwords/avoid unauthorized access to lockers at the reception desk
- Report faults on office equipment used at the Front Desk to the responsible person:
- Perform any other lawful duties as assigned by the supervisor or higher authorities:
- Receive clients and direct them to the responsible officers:
- Receive phone calls and provide appropriate feedback or forwarding for action; xvii. Maintain a registration book for all clients on appointment
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Admin and HR Officer
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial studies or equivalent but relevant degree from a recognized University, or “A” Level with a Diploma in Front Office Management, or a related field.
- Postgraduate qualifications in relevant fields is an added advantage.
- Advanced Level qualification in Microsoft Office or a similar set of computer application packages is an added advantage.
- Minimum experience of at least two (2) years as Receptionist or Front Desk in a reputable development-oriented institution/ organization involving management and administration of cross-functional activities.
- Knowledge of the NGO Regulatory framework
- Understanding of the Bureau’s operations.
- Result oriented
How To Apply for NGOs Bureau Uganda Jobs 2020:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letters together with the following:
• Detailed and updated curriculum vitae signed and dated by the candidate;
• Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates:
• Copy of the applicant’s National Identity Card.
• Names and addresses of three (3) referees who should forward their recommendations directly to the Executive Director
Application letters with accompanying documents can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject clearly indicating the position applied.
Hand delivery can also be done by sending sealed applications addressed and delivered to the address below:
The Executive Director
National Bureau for NGOs
3rd Floor, Kingdom Kampala Building
Plot 31 A-35A, 37A-39A, Nile Avenue
P. O. Box 24216,
Closing Date: Friday, 26th June, 2020 at 1:00 p.m
- The envelopes should be clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF ….. (Please indicate the specific position applied for)” on the top right corner:
- Incomplete applications or applications delivered or emails sent after the closing time will not be considered.
- For inquiries please contact: +256-393-241241, +256-393-241232 (during work hours only).