Job Title: Receptionist and Administrator – SIHA Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Strategic Initiative for Women in the Horn of Africa (SIHA Uganda.
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Strategic Initiative for Women in the Horn of Africa (SIHA) Uganda Profile:
The Strategic Initiative for Women in the Horn of Africa (SIHA) is a coalition of civil society organizations from Sudan, South Sudan, Uganda, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Djibouti, Somalia and Somaliland. SIHA was founded in 1995 by a collection of women’s groups with the view of strengthening the capacities of women organizations in the Horn of Africa countries. SIHA advocates for social change and gender equality for men and women in the Horn region and works specifically on: gender equality, women rights activists, women economic empowerment, eliminating violence against women and girls, promoting human rights, peacebuilding and conflict transformation, enhancing women’s leadership and political participation and the production and dissemination of knowledge.
The Receptionist and Administrator will work in providing reception and administration work. S/he will work closely with SIHA HR, Procurement and Finance teams. The R&A will provide support to SIHA staff and will be the initial contact for the organization with service providers, partners and members. In the course of this work, the ‘R&A’ will receive mentoring in methods for sustaining a dynamic organization, while providing support as requested to other SIHA staff.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, social sciences or any courses in the related fields.
- Ability to effectively use computer software including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and HR software
- Familiarity with labor laws
- Good analysis and writing skills;
- Excellent command of English and excellent communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills, including the ability to manage priorities, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work independently;
- Willingness to work extra hours when workloads are at peak.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- The candidate must have at least 3 years of experience in the field of administration reception and public relations. Understanding of filing systems, strong computer and typing skills able to use excel application effectively. S/he must have strong organizational skills, strong training and background in office management.
- Commitment to women’s rights and gender equality is essential, as is a strong sense of initiative, ability to learn rapidly, and flexibility in times of increased workload, deadlines, etc.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
How To Apply for SIHA Uganda Jobs 2020:
All Interested Candidates are asked to provide their current CV and Cover Letter, expressing her/his motivation in applying and relevant experience/expertise, to SIHA’s Human Resources Department email@example.com
Please enter “Application Materials: Receptionist and Administrator” in the subject line.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, please note that SIHA will contact only shortlisted candidates. We thank you for your interest in joining SIHA!
Deadline: 10th July 2020
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
Subscribe to Blog via Email