Job Title: 2 Data Entry Officers – AFENET Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) Uganda.
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) Uganda Profile:
The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) was on 1 April 2016 awarded a five year Cooperative Agreement (CoAg) to support the Uganda Ministry of Health (MOH) to strengthen its capacity to execute core public health functions through embedded technical assistance. The CoAg titled “Strengthen Uganda Ministry of Health Capacity to Execute its Essential Public Health Functions through Provision of Technical Assistance, Public Health Workforce Development and Institutional Capacity- Building in the Republic of Uganda under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)” is in its fourth year of implementation whose budget period expires on 30th September 2020.
The Data Entry Officer will ensure timely, accurate and complete capture of EID/VL Data in the laboratory information systems to support efficient testing and result reporting and program M&E.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely, complete and accurate data capture in the VL/EID information system to support laboratory efficiency in the service delivery
- Ensure all dispatch forms are organised according to specimen location or reception ID
- Sort out forms with incomplete mandatory information for the data quality supervisor to follow up
- Perform data entry using the laboratory information system interface following the location/reception ID to ensure first come first serve basis
- Review the data entered and edit any typing error and save the records laboratory information system
- Transcribe the systems generated lab accession number on the source data form
- Rearrange the forms from the different data entry points if order of the location/reception ID and return to sample approval section
- Participate in data cleaning exercise as and when directed by data quality supervisor
- Perform data entry for EID infant follow up forms and for any customer satisfaction survey exercises
- Participate in data processing and analysis as and when directed by the data quality supervisor to generate performance and quality indicator reports
- Coordinates data entry activities with other organizational units. Represents unit at meetings and on committees.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, information science, information systems, health sciences.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, Analytical and critical thinking, Innovative and creative, Computer literate, flexible and reliable, self-driven, positive view on timelines and people-oriented.
- Proficiency in Access, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
How To Apply for AFENET Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their Application Letters detailing their experiences and skills, Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic documents and 3 references online to:
The Human Resource Office,
African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)
Deadline: 10th July 2020