Job Title: Administrative Assistant – Ministry of Energy Jobs 2020
Organization: Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development Uganda.
Report to: Project Administrator
Duty Station: Entebbe
Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development Uganda Profile:
The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development through the Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines (Mines Department) is implementing the Mineral Wealth and Mining Infrastructure Project and Minerals Laboratories Equipping and systems Development Project.
In order to implement the above project efficiently and effectively, the Ministry seeks to recruit competent, trained and well-motivated persons to fill a number of vacancies in the Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines. The positions are on a contractual basis and subject to renewal upon satisfactory performance.
Provide support to the project team, assisting in daily office needs and managing the project’s general administrative activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
• Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts. Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or Secretarial or Secretariat, Development Studies, Social Sciences and Office Management from a recognized institution.
- At least four (4) years of professional working experience in the Administrative field in a recognized and competitive institution.
- Proficiency in MS Office, with exceptional knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint, working knowledge of Google Documents, knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines,
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, high level of ethic and integrity and customer care.
How To Apply for Ministry of Energy Uganda Jobs 2020
All suitably qualified candidates should submit applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of academic and other relevant documents, names and addresses of three referees to the:
Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
Attn: Principal Human Resource Officer.
Amber House, Second Floor Room, A 205,
Kampala Road, Opposite Workers House
Deadline: not later than 14th August 2020 at 5:00 pm.