Job Title: Cashier – Handicap International Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Handicap International Federation Uganda.
Duty Station: Arua.
Handicap International Federation Uganda Profile:
Handicap International Federation (operating under the name Humanity & Inclusion) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. .
Roles and Responsibilities:
Manage the mission’s cash box in the field office.
• Advise the Programme team on compliance with cash flow procedures when required.
• Ensure the cash box’s security at all times (keeping the box locked and in a safe place when not in use for withdrawing or receiving cash).
• Receive, prepare and check substantiating accounts vouchers and payment/reimbursement documents before payment.
• Handle cash withdrawals and receipts during the cash box’s opening hours.
• Prepare cheques and transfer orders when needed for payments and ensure their timely signature.
• Manage cash advances (delivery and justification).
• Fill in the log books for the cash box, safes and banks after every movement/transaction and conduct daily reconciliations between log books and balances.
• Ensure cash availability in the cash box and the bank.
• Alert his/her line manager if a further cash supply is needed.
• Set up monthly cash box inventories with his/her line manager.
• Ensure compliance with the regulations on payments (expense commitment procedure).
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Support the Accountant with the necessary work entailed in closing the accounts within the timeframes fixed and in compliance with HI’s procedure
• Supports the field Accountant in organising and dispatching of the monthly accounts to capital office (soft and hard versions) in compliance with the procedure set up.
• Organise the archiving of supporting documents (current, permanent files, etc.)
• Update the IT accounting database/excel sheet on a regular basis.
• Submit the notes explaining any issues and correct the errors identified by the Accountant and capital officer finance officer.
File and archive the mission’s substantiating documents
• File supporting documents in compliance with the requirements of the mission’s donors, legislation and HI procedures.
• Take regular copies of and archive supporting documents in compliance with the mission’s donors’ requirements.
• File the mission’s cash flow documents both hard and soft copies on a regular basis.
Respect HI identity, rules and policies: In coordination with the Human resources manager and the Field coordinator:
• Know, understand, apply and respect HI code of conduct and ethics, HI mandate and values, HI rules and operating procedure, HI policies (child protection policy, policy and mechanism for the prevention of and fight against bribery, the protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policy) and make sure they are known, understood, applied and respected by its team
• The applicant for the Humanity & Inclusion (Handicap International Federation) Cashier job vacancy must hold a diploma in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field;
• A certificate in accounting or bookkeeping is a must
• A minimum of two years of progressive work experience in a similar position
• Accounting skills and experience in the general ledger, journal entries, cash/bank management
• Keeping the accounts and Period-end closing operations
• Knowledge of labour and Tax laws
• Management of cash flow and funds storage, management of cash boxes
• Financial filing and archives
How To Apply for Handicap International Uganda Jobs 2020
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send an updated CV (3 pages max, including three professional referees current and/or past line managers) with a cover letter as One Document to HR department at email@example.com indicating the position applied for.
Deadline: 26 July 2020