Job Title: Finance Officer – Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Mercy Corps Uganda.
Duty Station: Arua, Uganda
Mercy Corps Uganda Profile:
Mercy Corps has been present in Uganda since 2006, focusing its interventions on economic and agricultural development, maternal child health and nutrition, governance, conflict management and humanitarian response. In 2017, Mercy Corps had an impact on almost 1 million beneficiaries in Uganda through our work focusing on building resilience and enabling economic growth, improving opportunities to attain better health and nutrition, and improving governance and conflict management. Common themes include community engagement, inclusive development, gender, and working in partnership with local government, the private sector and civil society actors.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Supervision of Finance Assistant in the field office location
• Reviews of PRs, Contracts and payments to ensure coding follows the standard chart of accounts, coded budget/BVA and that all expenditure is compliant to Donor and MC internal policies.
• Ensure/match invoices/receipts, completion reports with GRN and other required documents.
• Review cash transactions on a daily basis and enter all bank transactions, making sure they meet all Donor and MC standards.
• Coordinate, prepare and submit weekly and monthly cash requirement for field offices, to ensure sufficient cash is available, monitor its use and ensure there is no excess cash
• Collect, analyze and consolidate monthly cash forecast from program and support department and submit to SFO in Kampala office.
• Perform all timely and accurate financial procedures i.e bank reconciliations and cash counts are done as per the MCU FFM.
• Make sure all income taxes, withholding taxes, VAT and other taxes are accurately computed and withheld accordingly
• Facilitate monthly analysis of expenditure reports, coordination pf meetings to review grant performance and grant projections
• Coordinate with field admin to collect and review all offices summary and individual staff time sheets and submit for payroll processing every month.
• Provide on-going orientation, training and support to Program and Finance staff on Mercy Corps and respective donors rules and regulations
• Any other tasks to be assigned by the supervisor.
• A BA/S or equivalent in accounting or finance is required.
• Three years experience in grants and financial management and accounting.
• Adequate understanding of donor rules and regulations is required.
• Three years international NGO/PVO experience is preferred.
• Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of the general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet.
• Demonstrated experience and skill with financial reports preparation and presentation and proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and accounting software experience.
• Prior management experience and strong organizational skills preferred.
• Excellent oral and written English skills
• Willing to travel regularly to Mercy Corps and subgrantees field offices and project sites.
How To Apply for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2020:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join us in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 14th August 2020
Subscribe to Blog via Email