Job Title: 16 Community Facilitators – IIRR Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR)
Duty Station: Kaabong and Karenga,
Project & Job Profile:
IIRR is implementing a project on Integrated Natural Resources Management and Sustainable Land Management practices using Agro-Pastoral Field School and watershed management approaches in Karamoja between September 2020-February 2022. The project aims to increase production through climate-resilient production techniques, and also support efforts to diversify production to increase income and reduce vulnerability to food insecurity.
You will implement project activities and provide technical support to Agro-pastoral Farmer Groups, provide leadership to the communities during implementation, align with IIRR program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and IIRR’s best practices to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the rural community. Your knowledge and support will contribute to the effective, adaptive, and innovative implementation of the INRM/SLM project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Mobilize Agro-pastoral Farmer Field Groups
- Support formation of Watershed User Associations/Restoration Groups
- Support group strengthening for improved Agricultural production, Integrated Natural Resources Management, and restoration of degraded watershed areas
- Mobilize Farmers and Agro-pastoral Groups to restore degraded landscapes, farmlands, and forests using appropriate measures
- Train Farmer Groups in Agro-Pastoral Farmer Field School and Integrated Watershed Management Curriculum
- Collect weekly timely data and reports on Agro-Farmer Learning and efforts on Restoration
- Promote community-Based Restoration Approaches
- Conduct training and capacity building for APFS groups and networks
- Identify the watershed issues for developing measures
- Conduct sensitization and awareness meeting in the community about the project
- Prepare weekly and monthly plans and budgets
- Submit weekly and timely reports as required from time to time by Project Officer
- Support the organization efforts in resource mobilization and any other assignments
- Represent IIRR in forums, workshops, meeting, and other related assignments
- Document lessons learned, good practices, and success stories
- Mobilize community members to participate in the project
- Conduct community sensitization meetings to create awareness
- Support identifying Watershed Management Association/user groups.
- Conduct rapid capacity needs assessment of the new APFS,
- Support the new APFS groups to register with local government as Community Based Organization
- Support to remobilize the 7 existing APFS in Kaabong and Karenga districts
- Conduct mentorship sessions for new APFS/FFS in federation/cooperatives
- Facilitate the formation of new FFS/APFS network at 2 sub-counties
- Conduct Community discussions on existing climatic sensitivities, vulnerabilities, and critical climate-related thresholds for the farming sector
- Identify priority issues according to the communities
- Support to upscale the Village Savings and Loan Schemes (VSLAs) at the watershed level, promote small scale irrigation and water harvesting schemes along with major water sources
- Promote livelihood diversification such as bee-keeping and small enterprises development, value addition through processing and Post-Harvest Storage Equipment and horticulture, agroforestry and tree farming
- Support PM and PO to identify and demarcate boundaries (enclosures) for ANR (400 hectares), marking woody regenerants
- Sensitize community about project activities, gather information about the sites for restoration and identifying hotspot areas for re-forestation and support establishment and monitoring of 200 hectares of forest seedlings
- Support the PM and PO to organize a write shop, conducting radio talk shows and video documentation
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Diploma Social Sciences, Environment, Agriculture, Development Studies or a related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience
- Familiar with the local environment and able to express him/herself very well
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and good report writing skills
- Understand, respect, and practice the set of organization’s shared vision, mission, and values, including mutual respect, equity, and justice; honesty, and transparency.
- Ability to communicate clearly and demonstration of good interpersonal skills with strong training skills, meeting & facilitation; coaching skills are essential for capacity building of project staff and beneficiaries
- High-level integrity and initiative-taking and positive attitude towards learning and sharing.
- Good computer knowledge in the area of MS word, MS Excel, Powerpoint & e-mail.
- Working knowledge of budget management
- Valid riding license and with the ability to ride a motorcycle
- Ability to establish strong relationships with the local leaders, community, and government representatives will be vital.
- Strong analytical skills with focus on detail
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
How To Apply For IIRR Uganda Jobs 2020
To apply for this job, email your application letter and CV to email@example.com
Deadline: 10th November 2020