Job Title: Health Information Assistants – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee
International Rescue Committee Uganda Profile:
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting refugees and vulnerable host communities. IRC Uganda has it country office in Kampala and regional offices in Amudat, Imvepi, Isingiro, Kitgum, Kyegegwa, Lamwo, Moroto and Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming. Since May 2020, IRC Uganda has been implementing an ECHO-funded, IRC-led emergency Preparedness and Response project and this was incorporated with the COVID 19 pandemic preparedness and now response programming in Yumbe, Lamwo, Terego and Madi districts, as part of a consortium with Medical Teams International (MTI).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the use of standard MoH/Donor data tools and reporting Forms
- Facilitate smooth flow and access to information through records management for action and decision making.
- Guidance on data recording, use, reporting and management.
- Periodic reports submitted.
Key Activities and Outputs
- Ensure availability and use of Standard/revised HMIS/HIS data tools at all departments of the health facility.
- Providing guidance on use of the HMIS/HIS data tools to ensure completeness, consistency, and correctness in filling the registers.
- Register all patients, classify/tally and summarize the data according to the acceptable reporting formats.
- Promptly provide data on notifiable/integrated disease surveillance and response.
- Prepare and timely submit daily, weekly and monthly data from all facility departments for making reports.
- Provide feedback to the facility staff on health service provision for decision making.
- Enter data into the electronic database.
- Diploma or certificate in Medical records and Health Management Information System from a recognized, licensed and accredited institution with at least one year of progressive experience in health record management –Essential.
- Applied Knowledge in use of HMIS/HIS data tools.
- Good Computer skills including Ms Excel and Word
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 1 year work experience in a busy health setting.
- Ability to completely record, accurately compile and Produce timely reports.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (previous expe rience in a camp setting will be an added advantage).
- Flexible and able to work with team in a dynamic and diverse environment.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021:
All candidates should submit their applications and resumes online via the link below:
Deadline: 23rd January,2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.