Job Title: Finance Assistant – WCS Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Wildlife Conservation Society Uganda
Wildlife Conservation Society Uganda Profile:
WCS’s core business is to conserve wildlife and wild places, working in partnership with government institutions mandated to manage and conserve biodiversity in Uganda. The government of Uganda and its development partners have invested hugely toward the conservation of biodiversity and protection of the environment. However, due to the increasing human population driving forest and wetland loss, these natural resources face enormous threat from people, including refugees fleeing countries experiencing civil unrest such as DR Congo, South Sudan, Burundi, and Ethiopia among others.
Political instability in these countries has resulted in sharp increase of refugee population in Uganda leading to the accelerated loss of forest cover and vegetation in refugee hosting communities. In a bid to address environmental degradation in refugee-hosting districts of Uganda, WCS in partnership with Uganda Biodiversity Fund (UBF), Nature-Uganda (NU), and Ecological Christian Organization (ECO) received a grant from the European Union to implement a four (4) year project titled “Restoring and Conserving degraded fragile ecosystems for improved Community Livelihoods among the Refugee and Host Communities of West Nile Region and the mid-Albertine Rift”.
WCS is seeking to recruit a Finance Assistant to work in the finance department. This is a full time position and Kampala is the duty station with occasional travels to WCS project sites.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support the day-to-day running of finance office.
• Process requests for cash advances, reimbursements, and purchase orders.
• Prepare payment vouchers, register of payment vouchers and other payment requests received, ensuring valid supporting documents and obtaining the necessary authorization and approvals.
• Maintain filing systems for payment vouchers, receipts, bank statements.
• Assist in bid evaluation and analysis
• Conduct WCS asset stock inventory.
• Ensure vehicle log sheets are duly filled and filed regularly and properly.
• Assist the Financial Accountant in the execution of any other duties assigned to him/her.
• The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting or an advanced diploma in a similar field.
• Proficiency in MS-Excel and at least one financial accounting software
• A Minimum of two years’ professional experience preferably from Not for Profit Organization.
• Experience in driving will be an added advantage
How To Apply for WCS Uganda Jobs 2021:
The Application should be addressed to:
The Finance and Operations Director
Wildlife Conservation Society
Uganda Country Program
Plot 802, Kiwafu Road, Kansanga
Deadline: 25th January 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.