Job Title: Office Assistant – WVU Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Vision Uganda (WVU) Uganda
World Vision Uganda (WVU) Profile:
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Logistics and administration support
• Screen incoming telephone calls, mails, inquiries, and requests and handling them as appropriate, including relaying accurate and timely messages and answering of queries
• Manage a filing system for record and control of key documents
• Provide logistical support and back-up in the planning of meetings and workshops
• Maintain supplies/logistics inventory and prepare requisitions for office supplies and equipment
• Related support including secretarial duties as required such as timely printing, photocopying and binding of documents
• Maintain a record of utility items from the store as appropriate
• Ensure that the office is kept tidy and clean through regular cleaning of office premises and the compound
Support to staff
• Provide information and guide staff on administrative processes, procedures and requirements
• Facilitate and support staff on logistical and administrative requirements such as travels, follow up on requisitions, etc on regular basis
• Support staff on follow-up of internal communications and actions
• Prepare and serve break and evening tea to all staff as well as washing utensils for the office
• Organize and packing workshop materials to support training activities
Support to meeting/fora
• Compile calendar/s of key events.
• Support planning of the events and meetings.
• Follow up on meeting invitations through emails and phones as is appropriate.
• Plan for and managing logistics for cluster/regional/departmental meetings and other forums such as workshops and reflection/ learning events
Plan for guest logistics:
• Scheduled meetings, entry and exit briefs, etc.
• Handle check in and out of guests from hotels.
• Support guest’s general needs like shopping, Church service
• Following up with all staff on submission of their monthly reports
• Following up with responsible staff on status implementation of key action points and decisions from the meetings
• Preferably a diploma holder.
• Experience in office administration
• Knowledge in logistical operations
• Excellent customer care and public relations.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Very strong relational and communication skills.
• Commitment to World Vision mission and partnership values and sensitivity to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
• Must be fluent in English
• Must be hardworking, courteous and friendly
• Must be able to work in a team, with minimum supervision and flexibility
• Computer literate
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Perform other duties as required
How To Apply for the WVU Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates who meet the requirements should submit your application, detailed CV online at:
Deadline: by February 14th 2021 at 5:00 pm.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.