Job Title: 3 IT Officers – MRC/UVRI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: MRC/UVRI Uganda
Location: Entebbe, Masaka & Kyamulibwa
MRC/UVRI Uganda Profile:
The Unit is an internationally recognised centre of excellence with dominant research themes in the areas of HIV and emerging infections, vaccines and immunity, and chronic diseases and cancer.
Through a multidisciplinary approach, intersecting basic science, epidemiological research, social behavioural research and the conduct of new intervention evaluation studies, the Unit contributes knowledge on changing epidemics and diseases, the evaluation of innovative health care options, treatment and prevention and the development of health policy and practice in Africa and worldwide.
Following the signing of strategic transfer agreements between the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the Medical Research Council (MRC UK), the Unit formally joined LSHTM on 1st February 2018.
To provide reliable and efficient information technology support services to the Masaka and
Kyamulibwa field stations. The post holder will be involved in providing proactive and reactive
1st and 2nd Line computer, printer and network support. The post holder will work as a
member of the ICT Section providing ICT services.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
Act as the first line support and primary point of contact for all station hardware and
• Provide solutions to technical problems and support the long term response strategy;
• Perform a thorough analysis of all incidents to ensure the underlying trends and root causes
are identified and permanently resolved;
• Provide procedural support using ITIL best practices and guidance for all applications
adhering to security best practices;
• Ensure end-user requirements are met in terms of communication, prioritizing, escalating
and resolving incidents and requests;
• Support in the implementation of software or hardware by working with relevant internal
policies and procedures;
• Diagnose and remediate hardware; peripheral and software issues escalating internally or
externally where appropriate;
• Provide one-to-one or group training on hardware; peripherals; and/or software use where
• Install and configure new hardware; peripherals and software;
• Assist with the administration of the telephone system;
• Perform preventive maintenance duties on items of ICT hardware, including the cleaning
• Monitor and maintain general ICT consumable stock to ensure adequate supplies are
available in a timely manner;
• Assist and support in the implementation of ICT projects;
• Occasional travel to visit teams in upcountry offices as required; and,
• Any other duties appropriate to the post holder’s band as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications Needed:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a closely related
• Possession of ITIL, MCSA or MCSE /CCNA certification is an added advantage;
• Should possess at least two years of experience working in a busy research environment;
• With technical, logical thought process;
• Ability to work and troubleshoot laboratory management and sample archiving systems is
an added advantage;
• Good knowledge of both client and server operating systems;
• Strong understanding of the networking concept, Computer equipment such as PC’s, servers,
and printers; Operations software Microsoft office suite, simple I.T hardware repair;
• Knowledge I.T troubleshooting and proven problem-solving skill; and,
• Should possess customer service skills.
How To Apply for MRC/UVRI Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates who meet the requirements should send your application at the link below.
Filling the form more than once will lead to automatic disqualification.
Combine all your application documentation i.e. cover letter, CV & academic documents into one PDF document.
Strictly follow the application procedure as failure to do so will lead to automatic disqualification. Only online applications will be accepted.
The applications should be addressed to:
The Head of Human Resources,
MRC/ UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit,
P.O. Box, 49,
Consider your application unsuccessful if not contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of the advert.
Application Deadline: 5th March 2021, 5:00pm
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.