Job Title: Administration Intern/ Trainee – GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: GIZ Uganda
Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Uganda Profile:
The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is owned by the Federal Republic of Germany with International operations in Uganda, GIZ Implements commissions for the German government and other national and international, public and private sector clients within the framework of the international cooperation between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Government of Uganda.
The Promoting Rural Development (PRUDEV) programme helps improve access to markets and finance for agribusinesses and links different actors of the public and private sector. Farming communities are further supported in strengthening their resilience against the negative effects of Climate change through Climate-Smart Agriculture.
PRUDEV’s efforts are contributing to general agriculture-based climate-smart & local economic development which ultimately plays a role in increasing productivity, creating new jobs, and boosting incomes in northern Uganda.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
▪ Photocopying and scanning documents when required
▪ Compiling VAT and WHT records of local trainer’s contracts for review by administration officer before submitting to the country office
▪ Assisting in the filing, photocopying of documents for delivery at country office
▪ Assisting in arranging and organizing of local contractor’s invoices and – once verified and paid by administration officer – photocopy them and file accordingly.
▪ Registering, documenting and organizing incoming and outgoing correspondences
▪ Support in arranging and organizing procurement files
▪ Supporting in the organization of meetings, workshops and training with the guidance of the administration officer
▪ Performing other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Skills and Qualifications Needed:
▪ Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Secretarial studies or related fields.
▪ Strong teamwork skills and ability to operate in a diverse and multicultural work environment
▪ At least one-year professional experience in a comparable position
▪ Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
▪ Very good written and oral knowledge of English. (knowledge of Luo languages is an added advantage)
▪ Politeness and helpfulness in dealing with visitors
▪ Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
How To Apply for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting their application and CV along with the contacts of three professional referees to the Human Resource Department through email: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position you are applying for and the reference number as the subject.
Application Deadline: 8th March 2021.
Application and CV should be in one document including testimonial and/ transcript. please do not attach any other documents.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.