Job Title: Fresher Payroll Administrator – Total Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Total Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Total Uganda Profile:
The Total Group has been in Uganda since 1955 through the Marketing and Services division for which it is the market leader with over 129 fuel stations. In 2010, the company also established an exploration and production affiliate Total E&P Uganda.
Total M&S Uganda: 60 years and growing
Total M&S was incorporated in 1955 and marks sixty-three years of operations in Uganda. Over these years, we have grown to become the leading service provider in the country. We have the 2nd largest distribution network of 129 active service stations countrywide offering a full range of petroleum products and services. In January 2015, Total Uganda kicked off celebrations to mark 60 years of doing business in Uganda. This coincided with the unveiling of the new image of its service stations with a more contemporary and environmentally friendly look. In 2016, Total Uganda introduced TOTAL EXCELLIUM, a new line of specific fuels that clean engines, provide lasting protection to ensure they perform better, use less fuel and produce fewer polluting emissions. This is in line with the group’s vision of “Committed to better energy” which means safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and more accessible energy.
Total E&P Uganda: Pioneering new technology in East Africa
In February 2012, Total E&P Uganda began operations in the Lake Albert region districts of Buliisa and Nwoya (now the Tilenga project). Total is leading the development activities towards production in the Tilenga project area where the majority of the activities are based in the Murchison Falls National Park. Working in this sensitive area requires the use of innovative and environmentally-friendly exploration and drilling methods such as the use of 3D cable-less seismic acquisition used for the first time onshore in Africa and horizontal drilling used for the first in East Africa. Total E&P Uganda has recruited a dedicated team of social, environment and biodiversity experts who ensure, on a daily basis, that our activities are carried out with respect to the environment, tourism and biodiversity. The company and its partners are also currently undertaking the development of the 1,443km East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP).
Processes the company’s payroll every pay period. Maintains payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data. Computes employee take-home pay based on-time records, benefits, and taxes. Answers staff questions about wages, deductions, attendance, and time records.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Follow-up on the timely gathering of payroll information and handle payroll related queries
• Accurate processing of the company’s payroll and distribution of payslips
• Maintain the payroll processing system, employee records and leave management
• Complete payroll reports for managerial review and record-keeping purposes
• Provide the information required for payroll audits
• Adhere to payroll policies, procedures and compliance with the relevant laws
• Identify, investigate and resolve discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records
• File statutory returns (NSSF, PAYE, LST) on time
• Manage the HR records while maintaining the confidentiality of all employee information
• Participate in the salary survey processes
• Prepare monthly/YTD remuneration analysis reports for management information and areas of concerns
• University degree or equivalent
• Competence with spreadsheets and a basic understanding of tax procedures
• Team player, target-oriented, flexible, good cultural understanding
• Good knowledge of Microsoft packages
How To Apply for Total Uganda Jobs 2021
Please apply by following the application instructions on our website: www.careers.total.com
ONLY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED ON THE STATED WEBSITE WILL BE CONSIDERED
Short listing begins immediately & only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Closing Date: 19th March 2021
Candidates applying for the advertised positions will be selected on merit. Any form of canvassing is strictly prohibited.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.