Job Title: Accounts Payable – Jumia Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Jumia Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Jumia Uganda Profile
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem.
With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including but not limited to purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
• Maintaining historical records of all company spend. Ensure that all company documents are filed chronologically for good audit records and in safe custody
• Paying employees by verifying expense reports and preparing payments
• Paying vendors by scheduling payments and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all vendor enquiries regarding finance
• Preparing analyses of all GL accounts and producing monthly reports
• Ensure that trade expenses are reported correctly and in accordance with Company Policies
• Prepare monthly reports to aid in the balancing and interfacing of sub-ledgers with the financial general ledger; identify and reconcile all transactions
• Assisting in the improvement in internal controls related to accounts payable function
• Conduct quarterly fixed asset verification exercises and reconciliations
• Ensure that all company expenses are within the Opex policy, no spend outside the process that has been put in place
• Enforce the Finance policies in place
• The ideal applicant for the Jumia Trade Accountant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance with a strong preference in the disciplines of Accounting
• Full/part qualification in ACCA/CPA would be an added advantage
• Two to three years’ experience in accounting or audit function
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications with a strong emphasis on Excel skills
• Demonstrates the ability to develop strong working relationships with team members, colleagues and customers
What we offer
• A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial yet structured environment
• An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders of our future internet service lines
• The opportunity to be part of the team of talented people with the best backgrounds
How To Apply for Jumia Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 25th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.