Job Title: No Experience Volunteer – Teach for Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Teach for Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: HR and Administration Manager
Teach for Uganda Profile
At Teach For Uganda (TFU), we believe that every child in Uganda regardless of their socioeconomic background deserves an opportunity of an excellent education. Our mission is to build a movement of diverse and capable leaders who will work to end education inequity in our country. We recruit, train and place top university graduates and young professionals in high need primary schools across Uganda to serve as full-time teachers committed to transforming the education outcomes of less-privileged children through significantly improving their achievements and aspirations in a 2-year teaching fellowship. As a young, non-profit organization working towards an ambitious goal in a challenging environment, we are looking for an exceptional individual who embodies our core values, is selfdriven with good problem-solving skills, honest, a multi tasker, creative, detail oriented and has excellent time management skills to add to our dynamic team and help fulfill our mission.
Teach For Uganda is looking for a self-driven, organized, flexible individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills to organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures. Reporting to the HR and Administration Officer, the Volunteer will be responsible for creating and maintaining a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, ensuring timely and cost-effective acquisition of goods and services, communication and safety. S/he will support Teach For Uganda to ultimately ensure smooth running of the office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervise support staff to ensure office area is clean and tidy
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and provide logistical support to recruitment events and training.
- Manage phone calls and correspondence
- Organize the office layout, maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs
- Greet and provide general support to visitors
- Take minutes during staff meetings
- Implement office policies and procedures
- Perform work related errands as requested such as going to the post office, embassies, bank etc.
- Creating a movement of leaders to transform the future of education in Uganda
- Maintain a database of all the pre-qualified service and product suppliers
- Analyzing Projected needs for office supplies
- Identify suppliers for office supplies and equipment
- Source quotations from suppliers of different goods and services
- Provide data entry support to programs
Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree holder/student in any relevant field of study
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS office
- Hands on experience with office machines
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Negotiation skills
TFU Competencies: We want you to apply if you:
- Put Children First at the center of everything you do.
- Possess a Sense of Responsibility and invest above and beyond what’s expected of you
- Have the quest to Continuously Learn
- Exercise Humility and Respect for all
- Are able to exercise Teamwork
Compensation: The position is voluntary and shall not attract any remuneration.
How To Apply for
Please email your resume with 3 professional referees and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information about Teach For Uganda, visit us at www.teachforuganda.org Block 244 Plot 5151,Kyadondo Majidu Musisi Close, Kampala, P.O.BOX 21372, Kampala.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.