Job Title: Project Manager – Data Insights Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Data Insights Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Data Insights Uganda Profile
At Dalberg Data Insights, we partner with public and private stakeholders to spark digital transformation and fill data gap across different verticals – namely (i) Agriculture and Food Security; (ii) Public Health; (iii) Gender and Financial Inclusions; (iv) Poverty Alleviation; and (v) Energy – by building local and inclusive data ecosystems. Our data ecosystem approach consists of developing data governance frameworks, data-driven technologies, as well as a community of users, contributors, developers and administrators. Using our products and solutions, local and global communities can better target, implement, and evaluate their programs and initiatives.
For example, we have built data solutions that monitor crop yield for sorghum and maize in northern Uganda based on satellite images. The data products we created based on mobility insights from aggregated and anonymized telecom data, have helped track the spread of COVID19 in Belgium, Ebola in West Africa and Zika and Chikungunya in Brazil. We have used labour market data we capture and interpret to design and pilot a Labour Market Information System in Ethiopia.
You are aspiring to tackle global issues, from spread of pandemics to climate change to youth unemployment, ensuring no population is left behind. You are a problem solver and a committed self-starter. You do the extra mile to excel professionally. You are curious and a fast learner. Project Managers are resourceful team leaders who manage the critical thinking and analytical horsepower that drives teams. As the link between junior team members and Dalberg management, Project Managers deliver creative data-driven solutions and results for our clients worldwide. With a combination of analytical skills and social acumen, Project Managers are savvy communicators who simplify complex findings, develop insightful recommendations, and structure communications that promote constructive dialogues with diverse stakeholders in the public sector, private sector, civil society, and international communities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead project teams in solving technical and organizational problems
- Develop innovative strategies and solutions for our clients
- Manage complex ecosystem of funders, data holders and data users
- Manage a team of data scientists and successfully drive the implementation of projects
- Coach, manage and support junior team members
- Oversee the quality of client deliverables
- Master’s in Data Science, Economics or Business
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a manager at a leading international management consultancy and a ‘top performer’ throughout tenure. Willingness to learn and grow
- Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative
- Capacity to structure communication and storyline highlighting key insights and critical steps/requirements – both orally and written
- Experience solving problems with data analysis, modelling, statistics, econometrics, and other analytical tools
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small team and work as part of a broader team and perform in an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Ability to manage clients, understand concerns and requirements and build trust. Professionalism and demonstrated experience working with senior officials in the public and / or private sector
- A passion for international development, typically evidenced by a strong interest and prior exposure to global issues such as economic development, global health, gender empowerment, or the environment
- Sensitivity to the political and cultural environments of international public agencies or similarly complex environments
- Demonstrated fluency with English speaking and writing skills; proficiency with other languages (e.g. French) a plus
How To Apply for Data Insights Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their application through the link below.
Deadline: 30th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.