Job Title: Administration Officer – Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Marie Stopes Uganda
Duty Station: MSUG Hospital
Reports to: Hospital Manager
Marie Stopes Uganda Profile
Marie Stopes International exists to bring quality family planning and reproductive healthcare to the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people. We’ve been delivering family planning, safe abortion, and maternal health services for over 35 years. Millions of women worldwide turn to us for help each year, whether in limiting the size of their families, or avoiding dangerous complications in pregnancy or unsafe abortion.
Reporting to the Hospital Manager, the purpose of this role is to provide general supportive services to ensure the smooth running of the Hospital. As part of the team, the post-holder demonstrates our core values of:
• Being Mission driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice not chance
• Client centered: We are dedicated to our clients and work tirelessly to deliver high quality, high impact services that meet their individual needs.
• Accountable: We are accountable for our actions and focus on results, ensuring long term sustainability and increasing the impact of the partnership
• Courageous: We recruit and nurture talented, passionate, and brave people who have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission
• Act with integrity: integrity is indispensable to our mission. We act with honesty and adhere to the highest standards of moral and ethical values and principles through our personal and professional behavior.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• General Office Management
• Assets Management
• Supervisory Role
• Petty cash management
General Office Management and Running
• Support courier arrangements, conferences, workshops/trainings, meetings, and entertainment and ensure that minutes are taken, signed off and filed.
• Avail staff with the necessary stationary and any other required office supplies to enable smooth operations whilst maintaining a close working relationship with procurement on purchasing supplies.
• Expected to enable proper management of office supplies stocks and inventories.
• Support management of MSU’s telephone and data incentives including landlines and cell phones.
• Examine grievances raised by staff in respect to welfare facilities i.e., rest rooms, washing and toilet facilities, drinking water, kitchen…. Etc. and refer complicated issues accordingly
• Ensuring a clean and secure office environment.
• Oversee all administrative filing, records, and archiving. Establish clear filing system to hold all information related to hospital activities and meetings, as requested
• Carrying out secretarial duties as assigned i.e., drafting, typing, editing, and formatting documents and letters that go out to stakeholders
• Maintain both staff and stakeholder contacts list in liaison with the HR office and respective departments.
• Handle daily incoming calls, inquiries relating to hospital Visitors and process accordingly
• Routine management of office assistant with clear allocation of duties
• Assess performance regularly, adjusting tasks as necessary
• Planning and overseeing maintenance services and scheduling
• Manage the office assistant in terms of ensuring timely office supplies distribution & replenishment
• Assess performance of office assistant and/or suppliers regularly, adjusting tasks as necessary
• Verify all invoice amounts including utility bills for the hospital and arranges for prompt payment thereof.
• Support the acquisition of MSU Assets based on the organisational needs.
• Update and maintain an accurate hospital asset register.
• Ensure all asset transfers are documented and assets are physically verified
• Ensure all assets in the hospital are tagged and labelled
Petty cash Management
• Ensure the proper management of the organization’s petty ensuring that there is adequate cash flow management for smooth running of the organization, the float is maintained, and cash is securely stored
• Ensure that adequate supporting documents are attached for accountability purposes and that all reported expenditure is valid and appropriately coded.
• Timely preparation of petty cash reports and submission to the finance department.
• Coordinate petty cash counts i.e., before replenishment and at the end of every period
• Strong service orientation
• Flexibility with great ability to multitask
• Proven ability to follow tasks carefully and use initiative
• Excellent coordination and organizational skills
• Ability to communicate effectively and maintain favorable public relations
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and good ethical conduct
• Diploma or degree in office management or administration and or Humanity Studies.2 years experience in office administration in a busy environment
Attitude / Motivation:
Successful performance at MSU is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
How To Apply for Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2021
To apply for the positions, Please submit your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.