Job Title: Organizational Development (OD) Associate – Kaizen Company Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: The Kaizen Company
Duty Station: Kampala
The Kaizen Company Profile:
The Kaizen Company (Kaizen) is an international development consulting firm and an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals. We aspire to transform the nature and impact of development assistance and work to strengthen organizations and institutions through innovative approaches to organizational development, reform, and change.
Organizational Development (OD) Associate will assist the technical team in delivering organizational development services to the USAID/Uganda Mission. The OD Associate may also work more broadly across the ODA team to support specific activities and events, with guidance from ODA team members.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Defines, manages, and drives a clear process and timelines to ensure full contribution by the technical team and MEL team, in close coordination with the Team Leader and Kaizen home office. This includes sharing an initial template, setting clear expectations for team member contributions, writing sections based on technical inputs, and providing process oversight of the report development process.
- Documents and distributes action items (including responsibilities and timelines) and key highlights of technical team meetings within 24 hours of each meeting attended.
- Participates in discussions facilitates information collection, and develops the six-month work plans, six-month reports, and other deliverables and documents to be submitted to USAID for review and/or approval.
- Develops templates, protocols, charts, tables, and graphics, drawing upon project resources as needed (e.g., a communications firm, etc.)
- Conducts regular research on a variety of OD topics, reviews, vets for suitability and presents summarized information.
- Supports the development of content for learning resources to support OD
- Supports knowledge management for OD resources and tools and learning and training content
- Supports data analysis to determine themes and form hypotheses for further analysis
- Supports development, delivery, and logistics of OD workshops, training, and events
- Supports monthly ODA newsletter by backstopping ODA communication consultants as needed
- Completes additional projects as assigned
The ODA Associate will be expected to:
- Participate in trainings and ODA activities as directed by supervisor
- Provide creative and technical input on ODA initiatives
- Build relationships and influence multiple layers of leadership
- Support data management and reporting activities as directed by the supervisor
- Coordinate contractual reporting and work planning
- Submit monthly progress reports and participate in monthly check-in meetings on work that has been done during the period.
Supervision, Training, and Mentorship
The Associate will report directly to the OD Specialist or his/her designee. The OD Specialist will play a major role in coaching and mentoring the OD Associate. The OD Specialist will liaise with ODA team members to ensure that the Associate receives the required support.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience OR
- Master’s degree in organizational development, business administration, human resource management, or other related field and a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
- Familiarity with organizational development, change management, and human resources management principles
- High level of initiatives (demonstrated by, amongst other things, proactiveness) and is resourceful
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to establish and leverage strong working relationship in furtherance of results
- ‘Can -do’ attitude evidenced by a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and self-motivation
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Technical research and basic data analysis skills
- Strong communication skills, both in oral and written English language
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Must possess a professional demeanour and ability to work in a team environment
How To Apply for Kaizen Company Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 15th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.