Job Title: 4 Fresher Senior Project Officers – ZOA Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: ZOA Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
ZOA Uganda Profile:
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
In Uganda, ZOA has offices in Kampala, West Nile (Arua), Acholi (Nwoya), and Karamoja (Amudat). ZOA Uganda works both in relief and recovery on the themes of food security & livelihoods, WASH, primary/accelerated/vocational education, and conflict management with a special focus on land security.
Purpose of the position
The SPO WAA – with support from the Hub Manager – is responsible for the day to day planning and implementation of project activities under the We are Able programme in Uganda.
We are Able! works in six African States (Burundi, DR Congo, South Sudan, Sudan, Uganda and Ethiopia) as well as in the Netherlands and has as main objective ‘Co-creating inclusive governance for access to basic resources that leaves no-one behind’.
We are able! wants to see People with Disabilities (PWDs) improving their right to food and food security by creating an enabling environment for right-to-food action at grassroots level.
In Uganda the Consortium consists of (I)NGOs, namely ZOA as lead, NUDIPU and Light for the World (LftW). In addition, The Hague Academy (THA) and Vereniging Nederlandse Gemeenten Internationaal (VNGi) have been subcontracted under this grant.
WeAreAble! is being financed by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs under the Power of Voices subsidiary framework and runs from January 1st 2021 until December 31st 2025.
Place in organisation
- The SPO WAA will be employed by ZOA Uganda and is line managed by the We are Able Hub Manager in Acholi or Hub Manager in West Nile.
- The position is recruited at SPO level in the ZOA Uganda Salary Scale (scale 4).
Roles and responsibilities:
- Implements project activities in line with the workplan to achieve optimal project outputs and outcomes in line with ZOA/donor procedures and targets;
- Accounts timely for executed project activities in line with and according to relevant ZOA policies and guidelines;
- Ensures project outputs are consistent with project documents, log frames and in line with quality standards and country policies;
- Oversees and ensures implementation is in line with standards and policies of both ZOA and government of Uganda;
- Participate in meetings between people with disabilities, DPO leaders and local CSOs and development partners for the benefit of target group in the sub counties of operation;
- Work with other consortium members at District level with the aim of ensuring disability inclusion in local governance, planning and budgeting process;
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor in line with the project.
- Provide inputs to implementation plans and activity/monthly reports;
- Identify, document lessons learned and best practices;
- Prepare and submit well written success stories;
- Contribute to project reports or implementation plans as required by supervisor;
- Collect monitoring data according to ZOA’s systems and activities in the project;
- Actively participate in (technical) working groups and coordination meetings.
Characteristics of role
- The SPO WAA will be based in either Acholi (Nwoya, Omoro) or West Nile (Yumbe and Arua Districts) with regular field visits to selected sub counties of project implementation.
- The role is 1.0 FTE (40 hrs/ week). Working hours are outlined in the ZOA Uganda Conditions of Service. Some flexibility on working hours may be required, e.g. for travel at weekends, or during reporting times.
- Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, SWSA and any related fields;
- At least 2 – 3 years of successful experience in a similar position implementing related projects;
- A Valid riding Permit Class A is added advantage;
- Experience in working with people with disabilities;
- Excellent facilitation, communication skills and writing ability;
- Experience with implementing projects funded by institutional donors is an added advantage;
- Proven experience working in the above context is a MUST;
- Having worked in a project in collaboration with a partner is an added advantage;
- Excellent spoken and written command of English;
- Knowledge of local language is an asset.
Competencies – behavior
- Commitment to ZOA’s mission, vision and values (see https://www.zoa-international.com/corporate-identity/);
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment;
- Aims to integrate and reflect Christian values in relief and rehabilitation work.
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in the programme country, and good benefits and remuneration which suits the NGO sector.
How To Apply for ZOA Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via the form below. CV’s of no more than 2 pages in length and Cover Letter of 1 page are appreciated. Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years. Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. Qualified female candidates and or individuals with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 6th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.