Job Title: Fresher Business Support Assistant (Administration) – UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UN World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Grade: SB-3 (SC6/SC7)
UN World Food Programme (WFP) Profile:
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Brief description of WFP in Uganda
WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and work with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP provides life-saving food assistance and livelihood opportunities to refugees in Uganda. In addition, WFP assists the most vulnerable people in Karamoja with food and nutrition assistance. Finally, WFP works with smallholder farmers and links them to markets.
As Uganda strives to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 and become a middle-income country by 2040, WFP is also assessing its relevance and repositioning its role in Uganda.
We are seeking a qualified individual for the position of Business Support Assistant (Administration) to be based in Kampala. The selected candidate will be employed on Fixed Term. To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
Roles and responsibilities of UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021:
Provide a set of standard business support activities, where required, to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
▪ Create a good, friendly environment for clients and guide them accordingly.
▪ Contribute to the improvement of staff wellness programmes and provide support to ensure a safe and comfortable working environment.
▪ Support management of existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc) and assist in identification of new requirements aiming at efficiency, costeffectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
▪ Provide guidance to and follow up with service providers/contractors to ensure that the goods and services acquired are accurate, meet expectations and bring good value for money.
▪ Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organized and readily available for the business team.
▪ Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
▪ Support the maintenance of office files, documents, and records in accordance with established systems and processes so that information is current and readily available for staff
. ▪ Respond to routine queries received and escalate where appropriate, to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
▪ Any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Qualifications for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
▪ Abachelors degree in Business Administration, Secretariate studies or any related related feild.
. Three or more years of experience in general administrative work.
▪ Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
▪ Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office software packages; fluency and ability to read, write and understand instructions in English.
▪ Knowledge of standardized business support work routines and methods.
▪ Ability to use tact and courtesy to give and receive information with a variety of individuals.
▪ Good attention to detail to identify data discrepancies.
▪ Ability to work to deadlines and follow clear instructions.
How To Apply for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 8th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.