Job Title: 10 Field Extension Advisors – Finn Church Aid Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Duty Station: Lamwo, Adjumani, Moyo, Obongi, Yumbe and Kiryandongo, Arua and in both host and settlements of Koboko, Terego & Madi-Okollo, Uganda (One for each district)
NB: Contracts to be issued to successful candidates upon signing funding agreement
Finn Church Aid (FCA) Uganda Profile:
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest international aid organization in Finland. FCA operates in 14 countries where the need is most dire. FCA works with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political affiliations. FCA work is based on the promotion of human dignity and fundamental human rights and freedom, implying that FCA operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility.
Finn church aid Uganda in partnership with office of the Prime of the Minister (OPM ) and Districts Local Governments will be implementing a project ‘’ Development Response to Displacement Impacts Project – DRDIP in the 10 districts of Lamwo, Adjumani, Moyo, Obongi, Yumbe and Kiryandongo, Arua and in both host and settlements of Koboko, Terego & Madi-Okollo.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support communities in woodlot establishment, Afforestation activities, and agroforestry, in his/her respective zone/ district.
• Provide hands on training to project beneficiary communities in afforestation, agroforestry, woodlot establishment & management.
• Integrate commercial horticulture for commercial vegetable and fruit production in all the tree planting activities and support establish of demonstration vegetable gardens for foods, nutrition and additional income
• Provide necessary guidance to beneficiary communities on use of appropriate and affordable technologies such as afforestation, agroforestry, woodlot establishment & management.
• Provide market linkages between the farmer groups and potential buyers outside watersheds.
• Support community beneficiaries in creation of Local Community Based Organizations for Associations to enhance natural resource for sustainable natural resource production/productivity for livelihood support.
• Provide linkage of target Local community Organizations to Financial Institutions to obtain credit opportunities and ensure financial literacy.
• Promote mainstreaming of Private Sector Investments and Systems in natural resources establishment and management.
• Support the beneficiary communities to obtain and purchase appropriate inputs such as quality seeds, seedlings, pesticide and herbicides, fertilizers, basic tools and equipment at reasonable cost.
• Offer periodical advisory services to enable farmers attain the right quality and quantity of natural resources products.
• Support beneficiaries in land opening including use of mechanisation for increased productivity as well as supporting beneficiaries to adopt new technology ICT and other tools for effective program management.
• Provide mentoring support services to the beneficiary groups for at least 2 farming seasons.
• Coordinate monitoring / follow up of project activities with project staff, donors, partners and government officers.
• Assist the project manager in monitoring the technical quality of project narrative reports
• Support the Project Manager in the preparation and timely submission of annual, quarterly and monthly project work-plans.
• Prepare project quarterly work plans and reports on project activities.
• Develop training materials for community beneficiaries and arrange for necessary trainings.
• Minimum for the Finn Church Aid (FCA) Field Extension Advisor must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resource Management, Environmental Management Studies, Wood science and technology, Agriculture, Forestry or a closely related field, or equivalent relevant work experience.
• Proficient computer and internet skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
• Experience with the use of databases is an important asset.
• At least three years’ experience in the implementation of natural resource management, environmental management, forestry and livelihood improvement or climate change adaptation projects;
• Technical experience working in the climate change and climate adaptation field;
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Strong organizational, facilitation and participatory planning skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Experience working with climate information systems and adaptation planning processes is an important asset.
Other required Skills:
• Fluent in English (written and verbal) essential and fluency in at least one of the local languages spoken in the district applied to work in.
• Excellent community mobilization/ sensitization and communication skills.
• Ability to deal well with a diverse population.
• Ability to maintain accurate records.
• Cooperative, friendly, and helpful attitude with clients and co-workers.
• Ability to work closely with other employees to ensure positive, constructive environment within the program or department, and throughout the organization.
• Ability to thrive in a flexible, fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, while maintaining a sense of humor and a positive, solution-oriented approach.
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
• Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with people of different cultural background.
How To Apply for Finn Church Aid Uganda Jobs 2021
Applications may be hand delivered to FCA Field Offices in Arua, Adjumani, Moyo, Obongi, Yumbe. In districts where FCA has no field office such as Lamwo, Koboko, Terego, Madi-Okollo and Kiryandongo. Applications can be sent by email to Ugaco.email@example.com
Please attach a cover letter and a CV (not more than 5 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contact, addressed to: The Human Resource and Administration Manager, Finn Church AID, Uganda Country Office. P.O. Box 21826 Kampala, Roche Close – Tank Hill Rd, Plot 1495 Muyenga, Uganda. Email applications should be in one file attachment (Ms Word or PDF) mentioning the position title in the subject and Districts. Please do not attach academic documents when you apply online
Deadline: 9th July 2021. N.B: Finn Church Aid is committed to keeping children safe at all times & all levels of its program operations, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from all forms of abuses. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards, adherence to Child Safeguarding Policy including background checks”.
FCA does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 9th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.