Job Title: Client Access and Implementation Officer – Ecobank Uganda Jobs 2021
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Head of Payments
Ecobank, whose official name is Ecobank Transnational Inc. (ETI), is a pan-African banking conglomerate, with banking operations in 36 African countries. It is the leading independent regional banking group in West Africa and Central Africa, serving wholesale and retail customers. It also maintains subsidiaries in Eastern and Southern Africa. ETI has representative offices in Angola, China, Dubai, France, South Africa, and the United Kingdom. ETI is a large financial services provider with offices in 36 countries around the world, and presence in 36 sub-Saharan countries. As of December 2012, ETI’s customer base was estimated at 13.7 million, with 9.6 million (70.2%), located in Nigeria, the continent’s most populous nation. ETI’s branch network numbered 1,305, with 1,981 networked ATMs.
- This role is required for the conceptualization, commercialization, development and management of customer facing channels (both Cash and Trade). The channels within the Corporate and Investment bank under Transaction Services group is broadly categorized into internet and non-internet capabilities and this role covers both. Non-Internet would be channels like Swift etc.
- During the development & preparation cycle, the jobholder is responsible for conducting needs assessments, evaluation of the business case, prioritizing/coordinating/formalizing business requirements and ensuring that quality deliverables are achieved to meet market needs.
- Beyond the initial development and commercial launch of the channel or channels, the purpose of this role is to ensure that the anticipated financial benefits of the channel are realized. This will involve engagement of various stakeholders across the Ecobank network, including CB/CMB Relationship manager(s), Product Heads, Operations, Group IT, Control, Legal & Compliance and TSG teams.
- Implementation – To ensure the optimal deployment and management of resources across both Ecobank and the clients to ensure shortened Mandate to money and revenue acceleration on TSG deals.
- Channels Support – Service is essential to maintaining and growing business. This position will drive the implementation of our strategic and tactical plans along the perspective of “Building Relationship”, “Creating Value” and “Driving Satisfaction” by entrenching a culture of Proactive Service delivery with a sense of urgency as it relates to electronic channels.
- Metrics – managing client access metric – Ecobank Omni, Bank collect usage/MIS, quantitative and Qualitative metrics
- This role forms part of the Cash management Team within each country. The Cash Management team is responsible for delivering best practice treasury advice and developing cash management solutions for the Bank’s clients leveraging technology as much as possible.
- Electronic Banking is the mechanism that allows customers to manage, manipulate and monitor their financial information by reviewing electronically delivered account statements as well as allowing instructions to be transmitted to Ecobank remotely from client offices via the Internet, mobile or any other similar medium.
- The primary purpose of this position is ensuring new customers are setup and trained on Ecobank Omni, Bank Collect, Swift and our Host-to-Host Channels and existing customers are successfully migrated from legacy systems to new versions, as well as providing technical support to our clients on all electronic applications, including any local or regional applications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with clients to implement file automation solutions which link their ERP/treasury management systems with Ecobank Omni in order to transfer payment files and receive statement data over a secure connection.
- Ensure full and detailed testing of files and connections are complete before customer is considered active.
- Complete implementations within a set cycle time for Ecobank Omni, bank collect, Mobile and all other systems
- Provide in-depth training to clients explaining the technical, functional and business capabilities of all platforms including Ecobank Omni, Bank Collect etc. training to be delivered either remotely or onsite with the client.
- Provide first level and technical support in respect of all EB applications.
- Track customer utilization of the various channels within the Corporate and Commercial Banking
- Achieve monthly and weekly transaction target.
- Identify incidents or developing situations such as outages that could potentially lead to client complaints and alert management accordingly.
- Provide our clients with trusted advice that will enable them to fully appreciate the capabilities of Ecobank’s electronic product range.
- Lead the elimination of Manually Initiated Funds Transfers and other payments from the group through execution of a new on-boarding process where clients are connected to digital channels on day 1 (lead the cultural transformation effort) working in collaboration with Payments Product Managers and Operations
- Follow Ecobank requirements for new product development and innovation working in partnership with Business Development and Innovation Head
- Ensure proper controls are included into all risk management tools for our client access channels
- Lead complex implementation and ensure implementation standards after cash management or trade services proposal, involving multiple products, multiple services have been accepted by customer.
- To support day-to-day operations of electronic banking services delivered to the Corporate and Commercial Banking Clients.
- Provide sales support to Relationship managers, Heads of TSG to secure the business of potential customers by working closely to define customer solutions
- To be fully accountable for the success of an implementation by interfacing with customer’s implementation team(s), who may reside in multiple locations, until customer’s satisfaction is received.
- Deliver quality customer service to Global and Regional customers through constant communication and effective customer complaint resolution.
- Liaises with other integral functions (such as Service Delivery, Sales, IT) to ensure the effective design and subsequent delivery of new channels and related functionality
- Driving up customer satisfaction on the relevant channels
- At this point, he/she is the market expert for the internet/related channels, identifying market opportunities and proposing channels actions to exploit these. This will include heavy assistance of the sales teams in responding to and winning RFP mandates
- Development of marketing plans in conjunction with CIB/CMB Marketing teams and the appropriate Transaction Services divisions
- Liaise with Product and Sales teams to facilitate the development of complimentary business goals, maximization of cross-selling opportunities and migration of best practice.
- Drive the migration of existing customers on legacy channels to the CIB/CMB strategic electronic channels, with aggressive timelines. KPIs to include percentage of customers on preferred channels together with a target percentage of transactions through the preferred channels
- Ensure continuous and effective training of product updates on channels, product information dissemination, campaigns and programs to achieve the desired levels of channel penetration
- Direct and support the preparation and presentation of sales proposals to account prospects across the target market in relation to channels.
- Ensure efficient and accurate client access financials, volume and trend analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Computing, Economics or Marketing. Master’s degree/MBA/Professional accreditation will be an added advantage.
- Line Experience in Cross Functional Business/Operation
- Orientation to Customer, workflow, and Systems thinking
- The candidate should have 3-6 years of product development/management, excellent interpersonal skills, strong execution and technical skills
- Relevant experience with at least Four years in Technology.
- Strong client focus and external orientation with the ability to understand client needs and stay abreast of macro-economic trends and contemporary finance and treasury practices
- High strategic, consultative and solution orientation with the ability to assess client needs at a relationship level and to package the banks products in response
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including a strong command of PowerPoint and public speaking
- Exceptional relationship management skills including strong ability to manage and effectively influence multiple stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills with great emphasis on teamwork. Able to work effectively in crosscultural, cross-geographical teams and maximize team efforts
- High level of responsiveness and ability to operate with a high degree of urgency and work in a pressurized environment
- Strong drive for results, able to plan, track and follow through to capture solutions and revenues
How To Apply for Ecobank Uganda Jobs 2021
Interested candidates for the above positions should submit their application and updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 13th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.