Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Assistant (UNICEF Project) – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Vision Uganda (WVU)
Duty Station: Terego, Uganda
Report to: Area Program Coordinator
World Vision Uganda (WVU)
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will support the UNHCR Project in the provision of systematic data and management of up to date databases for timely and evidence based reporting and ensure quality programming and accountability. He/she will support the project in systematic data collection through routine monitoring of field level project activities on a timely manner to aid evident reporting, to ensure quality programming and accountability within the framework of World Vision and donor standards and guidelines at settlement level.
Roles and Responsibilities of World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021:
Learning and Reporting
- Take part in periodic project Review Meetings.
- Support M&E officer in the compilation of Monthly, Quarterly, Bi annual and annual reports through provision of timely accurate and updated data.
- Prepare monthly and Quarterly activity progress report and submit to the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and Child Protection Coordinator.
- Oversee the documentation of best practices, lessons learnt, assessment reports
- Prepare and submit bi-weekly project progress reports.
- Ensure proper filing of project documents and reports.
- Participate and represent MEAL Team in quarterly reflection meetings with project team
Support for MEAL Team Operations
- Perform Routine monitoring of field activities (data collection, processing and entry) and assist in both quantitative and qualitative analysis & preparation of draft M&E reports that will allow for an enhanced output analysis.
- Take lead in conducting all program assessments to assess the project outcomes and provide actionable recommendations to improve the program.
- Participate in the setup of a Robust Community Help Desk as a forum to receive community issues and provide timely feedback.
- Document human interest and success stories to facilitate qualitative outcomes of the intervention on the beneficiaries including best practices and lessons learnt.
- Perform Routine data processing, entry and assist in both quantitative and qualitative analysis & preparation of M&E reports.
- Take lead in systematic data collection through assessments to assess the baseline, outcomes and provide actionable recommendations to improve the project.
- Keenly track project progress through standardized data collection tools and methodologies
- Support the project team with data management, identifying programmatic issues and prompt corrective actions to enhance the project objectives.
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and other associated guidelines
- Ensure compliance and processing protocols in order to meet standards for quality and accuracy.
- Capture data into the World Vision database and share the findings with the relevant stakeholders.
- Give updates on issues related to quality and assist in implementing actions to address compromise in data quality
- Carry out Routine Field Monitoring of Project interventions and take part in the design of data collection tools to track Project progress
Minimum Qualifications for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelor Degree in any of the following; Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Computer & IT, Social Sciences, Development studies, or any related course.
- At least 3 years relevant with international organizations in research, monitoring and evaluation of, and reporting on complex (development) programs.
- Practical experience of at least 2 years designing and implementing Monitoring & Evaluation activities for either Livelihood, Education & Child Protection.
- Excellent Working knowledge of Excel, and knowledge of designing and managing database system recommended.
- Strong knowledge of at least one of these quantitative data analysis packages (SPSS, STATA, and NVIVO etc.
- Experience in Questionnaire development and mobile data collection mechanisms using software (Kobo Collect or ODK)
- Proven ability to manage varied workloads, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and deal constructively with stress
- Ability to work with inter-disciplinary teams and a wide range of program/project activities.
- Highly disciplined, Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
- Excellent communication in both Oral and Written English and Knowledge of any West Nile language, a plus.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid ridding permit is an added advantage.
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 21st September 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.