Job Title: Child Protection Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The Child Protection Officer will be responsible for the implementation of child protection activities geared towards prevention and response to violence against children including case management, operationalization of safe healing and learning space, psychosocial support for children and their care givers in accordance to the minimum standards of child protection in Humanitarian Action and the IRC Child Protection Policy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the program design process specifically in assessments and generating community priority needs for child wellbeing.
- Conduct comprehensive case management support to vulnerable children and their caregivers.
- Train staff, partners, volunteers and caregivers on child protection case management, safe healing and learning space, positive parenting and the IRC Child safeguarding policy.
- Establish and liaise closely with other partners and local leader in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Develop a multi-sectoral child protection network of information gathering relevant to child protection.
- Establish appropriate contact with local leaders & District Local Government, UN agencies, Office of the Prime Minister and other partner organizations.
- Work with the MEAL team to develop project monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Facilitate awareness creation and sensitization of communities and stakeholders on child protection issues and concerns.
- Support preparation of requisitions for appropriate project supplies in line with approved budget from time to time.
- Document success stories and lessons.
- Develop regular monthly, quarterly and annual project management reports.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- A bachelor’s degree in any Development discipline. Postgraduate training in any related discipline will be an added advantage.
- Should have a minimum of 2 years field experience in child protection case management programming.
- Experience in implementing Early Childhood Development and Child Friendly space program.
- Experience in forming community-based child protection structures.
- Ability to work flexibly independently and collaboratively with team members to achieve results.
- Ability to relate and work well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds.
- Should have proficient computer knowledge and experience in ms word, ms excel, other ms applications and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills with good command in both written and spoken English.
- Ability to work underpressure and adapt well to changing environments while remaining productive and focused.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: October 8th 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.