Job Title: Finance and Administration Assistant – NUWODU Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: National Union of Women with Disabilities of Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
National Union of Women with Disabilities of Uganda Profile:
National Union of Women with Disabilities of Uganda (NUWODU) is an indigenous women led Disabled Peoples Organization. It is an umbrella Organization that was formed in 1999 with the overall purpose of bringing together all categories of girls and women with disabilities including the physically, sensory and mentally impaired women.
NUWODU provides a strong voice for a common cause, particularly to defend, protect and promote the rights and advocate for equal opportunities for Women and Girls with Disabilities.
NUWODU works to advance the Equality, Empowerment and the Rights of Women and Girls with Disabilities in development programs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist Accountant to ensure safe custody of NUWODU’s funds
- Assist Accountant to receipt and bank cash balances from activities
- Prepare payment vouchers as delegated by accountant
- Ensure proper filling of financial records
- Review mobile money requests forms and process them for payments in-line with NUWODU’s financial policies and procedures.
- As part of the Finance and Admin team, ensure that NUWODU ‘s Policies and procedures and donor regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Provide administrative support for the smooth running of program activities
- Provide logistical support for travels both to the field and out of the country
- Coordinate fuel management including timely submission of fuel requests and
- Follow up with drivers to ensure fuel receipts and logbook records are submitted by end on month and properly charged to the respective projects.
- Provide support with the procurement function (issuing LPO, making and following up on orders, etc)
- Undertake as required, any other duties compatible with the level and nature of the post and/or reasonably delegated by the Accountant or Finance and Administrative Manager.
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from a recognized College or university
- Minimum level 2 ACCA or CPA Qualification or equivalent is desired
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in a similar position in Finance / Accounting and office Administration
- Have computer proficiency in financial software and spreadsheet.
- Familiarity with USAID, UN and EU regulations is essential.
- Experience with NGO work is required.
How To Apply for NUWODU Uganda Jobs 2021
All applicants to:
1- Submit a motivation letter and detailed 2–3- page Curriculum Vitae
2- Referees: At least 3 referees should be indicated for follow up.
3- Deadline for Submission of the Application is 22nd October 2021 at 5:00Pm East African time.
4- All applications should be addressed and submitted by hand or via email to the
Chairperson Personnel Committee,
National Union of Women with Disabilities of Uganda,
Plot 2015 Kisaasi-Kyanja Road,
P.O Box 24891Kampala- Uganda.
OR send via email to: email@example.com.
Clearly emphasize the position you are applying for in the subject of the Email.
1. Qualified women and girls with disabilities are encouraged to apply
2. ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 22nd October 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.