Job Title: Health Product Management Officer – Ministry of Health Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Ministry of Health
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Project Name: National Tuberculosis & Leprosy Program
Funding Source: The Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM)
Ministry of Health Profile:
The Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) is an International Partnership that provides grants to lower income countries with high HIV, Malaria and Tuberculosis disease burden including Uganda. The Fund also supports health service delivery through grants that are dedicated to health and community systems strengthening. These resources are additional to and not a replacement for financing to the health sector from recipient Governments. Recipient Countries are required to demonstrate transparency, traceability, attribution and efficient accountability of the resources.
Uganda under the Ministry of Health (MoH) has received funding from the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) under the 2021-2023 NFM3 grant. Part of this grant is to source for eligible talent to cover human resources gaps in the Ministry of Health in order to strengthen its capacity.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work with the Quantification and Procurement Planning Unit within Pharmaceuticals and natural medicines department of the Ministry of Health to conduct quantification, supply planning and ordering of health products through the Global Fund.
- Support NTLP in all grant application processes.
- Monitoring pharmaceutical and health product procurements and pipelines through the Wambo system and Global Drug Facility Online Order Management tool.
- Track expenditure on TB medicines procured through Global Fund and Government of Uganda and provide timely updates on grant performance including analysis of savings.
- Support reconciliation for TB medicines at NMS and JMS to inform payment of warehousing fees
- Participate in bi annual statutory stock take exercise at NMS and JMS
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual stock status reviews and updates to the TB program
- Strengthen systems to improve stock reporting and provide early alert on possible stock-outs or expiries for first line anti-TB medicines, second line anti-TB medicines, TB preventive therapy and TB laboratory commodities.
- Conduct activities aimed at improved downstream coordination and management of TB commodities by improving and optimally using available tools such as the electronic Logistics information management system (eLMIS/DHIS2 app) and the TB Support Supervision Performance Assessment and Recognition Strategy (TB SPARS).
- Conduct logistics data quality analysis and audits to ensure that the data received at MOH from the eLMIS/DHIS2 app and HMIS reports from health facilities is usable for decision making.
- Collect regular stock data from MDR TB sites or other health facilities of high priority to the TB program to ensure optimal stock levels with periodic on-site support.
- Participate in regular NTLP activities geared towards TB commodities logistics including meetings, support supervision, surveys, etc.
- Participate in regular conference calls with the Global Fund Country Team in Geneva
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- Three years of relevant technical experience, further training in pharmaceuticals health products Management is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience with National pharmaceuticals logistics management information systems.
- Working experience in Uganda with knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the Uganda public health system.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other stakeholders in developing creative and strategic solutions to achieve common goals.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and shifting deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, administrative, communications and reporting skills.
- Knowledge of results oriented work approaches and ability to produce and share outputs regularly
- Strong attachment to teamwork and ready to provide team support
- Excellent communication skills
- A highly flexible personality with good interpersonal relations
- English skills required, including ability to write lucid technical reports and documents.
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
How To Apply for Ministry of Health Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their handwritten applications should by hand delivery to the Central Registry of the MOH Headquarters-Kampala between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Health Headquarters (Central Registry),
Plot 6, Lourdel Road, Wandegeya
Please include your telephone number and email contacts on the application. Applicants should attach the following:
- Recent passport-size photograph.
- Copy of the National Identity Card.
- Detailed curriculum Vitae.
- Certified copies of the academic certificates and transcripts.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 17th November, 2021 by 5:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.