UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021 – Fresher Assistant Finance Officer (Replacement Capacity)
Job Title: Assistant Finance Officer (Replacement Capacity) – UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UNHCR Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
UNHCR Uganda Profile:
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country.
The Assistant Finance Officer provides technical support with the processing of financial transactions, and monitors compliance with UNHCR and UN Financial Regulations and Rules. In operations that do not have a Project Control Officer at Country or Multi-Country level the Assistant Finance Officer must also perform oversight responsibilities with regard to the execution of projects. The incumbent directly supervises general service staff.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the assessment of budgetary needs for administrative budgets (ABOD); monitor and control ABOD expenditure in the office.
- Analyze, evaluate and control disbursements/receipts, as well as expenditure variances against approved budgets.
- Review vouchers, including ABOD and project disbursements.
- Propose monthly cash requirements for the office, and ensure adequate and timely replenishments of funds;
- Contribute to the preparation and processing of monthly accounts.
- Provide financial status reports to supervisors.
- Analyze and evaluate financial reports within the area of responsibility on a regular basis.
- Maintain relationships with local bank at the transactional level.
- Ensure that payments are effectuated by the monthly deadline.
- Ensure that monthly accounts are correct and approved, and ensure timely monthly bank reconciliations, including open items, review and clearance of unwanted requisitions and PO balances.
- Conduct regular checks of petty cash and cash accounts.
- Verify that all financial transactions are correct and in accordance with UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Prepare office-level financial expenditure reports submitted to the Regional Bureau or Headquarters.
- Approve vouchers, including ABOD and project disbursements.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree
- Field(s) of Education: Accounting; Finance; Public Administratin, Business Administration; Economics; or other relevant field.
- Certificates and/or Licenses: Internal Auditor (CIA) Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications. Excellent communication skills.
- Working experience of at least one year in an intergovernmental organization (United Nations or similar). Good knowledge of United Nations financial rules and procedures. Good understanding of accrual accounting (such as IPSAS or IFRS). Working experience with PeopleSoft/Oracle Financial modules.
- *IT-Computer Literacy
- *FI-Financial Accounting – Modified cash-based accounting as per international standards
- FI-Financial Accrual Accounting under internationally accepted standards (IFRS,IPSAS,etc)
- FI-ERP Financial Management (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Workday and other)
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
How To Apply for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 11th January 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.