Job Title: Finance Officer – NRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: NRC operates in West Nile (Yumbe & Arua), South West (Isingiro & Kyangwali) as well as Uganda. Successful candidates will be deployed in any NRC Uganda office
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Profile
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence with NRC and donor policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated finance related duties.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Verification of PR,PO, advance, payment vouchers, overtimes, travel claims and NHF of Program and support departments.
- Verification of procurement documents ( RFQ, BA, etc) for Program and support.
- Follow up prepayment and accrual costs until the payment settle on.
- Preparing rebooking requests.
- Preparing monthly financial report and sending to Finance office.
- Attend bid committee meetings.
- Preparing spending plan for support costs.
- Work closely with Finance Technical Assistant to ensure that cash payments, record of transactions, cash forecast and securing supporting documents are done according to the organization policies and handbook.
- Support the Finance Coordinator in day to day reconciliations and financial analysis
- Provide assistance in timely monthly closing and ensuring Country Offices are able to close on agreed upon deadlines
- Review financial reports and documents from the field offices and insure that they are timely received.
- Work closely with logistic department to insure that asset register is updated regularly and match physical assets.
- Provide training and support to finance and non-finance staff regarding generally accepted financial procedures and NRC internal controls.
- Assist in year-end closing and audit document preparation
- Participate in and facilitate country finance workshops and training as required;
- Maintain open communication with Finance, program staff and others for all financial clarifications
- Focal person for audit documents and facilitate the process.
Minimum Qualifications for NRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- 3 years’ of INGO experience is a plus
- CPA2 qualification is added advantage
- Knowledge of Agresso is added advantage.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strict attention to policy and practice detail
- Very strong financial analysis skills
- High integrity
- Good knowledge of financial reporting systems in donor funded work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to function independently and as a work team leader/facilitator
- Excellent computer skills with hands on experience on computerized accounting systems; and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners/employees and to check that its partners/employees have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose
Interested candidates MUST be willing to be posted in any NRC office across Uganda
How To Apply for NRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 28th January 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.