Job Title: Intern – Better Migration Management (BMM) Programme – GIZ Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: GIZ Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Salary: €1,689,- (gross). UGX 6,454,393.14 /=
GIZ Uganda Profile:
The Deutsche Gesellschaft fϋr Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is owned by the Federal Republic of Germany with International operations in Uganda, GIZ Implements commissions for the German government and other national and international, public and private sector clients within the framework of the international Cooperation between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Government of Uganda.
About BMM Programme:
The objective of the Better Migration Management (BMM) II programme is that national authorities and institutions are able to facilitate safe, orderly and regular migration and effectively address and reduce the trafficking in human beings and the smuggling of migrants within and from the Horn of Africa region through a human-rights-based approach.
The Programme is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and co-financed by the European Union and is commissioned from October 2019 to September 2022. The implementation is facilitated through an Implementing Partnership consisting of IOM, UNODC, CIVIPOL, British Council, and the lead agency GIZ. The programme’s interventions target countries in the Horn of Africa region, i.e. Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan and Uganda.
Roles and Responsibilities:
During your internship you will support the following tasks:
- Supporting the knowledge management system for BMM II
- Supporting the M&E system of the BMM programme
- Supporting communication and visibility measures of the programme
- Assisting the preparation of reports to donors and other actors
- Assisting the preparation of planning workshops, meetings and events
Minimum Qualifications for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2022
- The applicant should be studying in the third semester or higher in Political Science, Social Sciences, Economics or related or communication and related
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Previous experience in international cooperation and/or development cooperation preferred
- Previous experience in migration preferred
- Previous experience in sub-Sahara Africa is an asset
- Very good organisational and planning skills based on past work or school experiences
- Results-oriented and flexible
- Strong oral and written communications skills, and ability to work effectively and build relationships with others, personal commitment to working with diverse clientele and colleagues
Notes: Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.689,- (gross). Depending on the country of assignment a monthly expatriation allowance (gross), predetermined by GIZ will be paid on top.
How To Apply for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 27th April 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.