UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Assistant Project Control Officer
Job Title: Assistant Project Control Officer – UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: UNHCR Uganda
Job Location: Adjumani / Pakelle, Uganda
UNHCR Uganda Profile:
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
The Assistant Project Control Officer is part of the multi-functional team. In coordination with DFAM¿s Implementing Partnership Management Service, s/he is responsible and accountable for providing substantive support, guidance, and oversight on the effective management of the Enhanced Framework for Implementing with Partners (the Framework) as well as oversight on the effective management of Direct Implementation.
Complementary to programme management, s/he will support and conduct analysis and assessment of risks associated with partnerships and direct implementation, policy compliance, operational practices, mitigation measures and gaps and make technical recommendations or decisions in line with the principles of the Framework, of UN/UNHCR¿s financial rules, policies and regulations and operational context.
The incumbent prompts partnership integrity and other safeguarding mechanisms for ensuring sound stewardship and accountability of funds entrusted to partners or through direct implementation arrangements (e.g. contracts for the procurement of goods and/or services) to ensure resources are used in the most efficient and effective manner to attain the best results for persons of concern.
The Assistant Project Control Officer will promote dialogue and consultations for strengthening partnerships and have frequent contacts with UNHCR colleagues, particularly project control and programme staff. S/he may have contact with external stakeholders, such as UNHCR-funded partners, auditors, oversight bodies, and host governments on matters related to partnerships. The incumbent will be mindful of all dimensions of partnerships in accordance with the Principles of Partnership, the Code of Conduct, UN/UNHCR¿s financial rules, policies and regulations and other relevant documents.
In the Regional Bureaux, the incumbent works under the supervision of the Regional Controller. In the Country and Multi-Country Offices, the incumbent normally works under the direct supervision of the Representative or Deputy Representative, Head of Office or (Senior) Project Control Officer, as applicable.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the annual assessment and planning cycle.
- Assist with the review of project agreements, ensuring that they are in conformity with Country Operation Plans and UNHCR¿s rules, policies and procedures.
- Assist with the formulation and implementation of a performance project monitoring plan in collaboration with the Programme Unit and MFT.
- Assist with the development of the direct implementation monitoring plan in collaboration with the Programme Unit and other relevant functions.
- Assist with the support of Programme and other relevant functions in the selection of implementation modalities.
- Contribute to tracking the management of project and direct implementation risks in collaboration with the Programme Unit, and report major risks to senior management.
- Contribute to reviewing, analysing and verifying Financial and Performance Partner Reports (PFR and -PPR), and to checking accuracy and consistency between PFR and PPR, in accordance with partnership agreements.
- Monitor, track and verify that expenditure for direct implementation by UNHCR is in line with the approved budget.
- Conduct reviews of the internal control systems of partners implementing projects and provide advice as required.
- Provide input on identified variants, risks and issues to partners, Programme Unit and escalate to management as required.
- Support timely project closure in coordination with the Programme Unit.
- Provide input to the mid- and end-year programme review process on issues related to project control.
- Maintain professional relationships with partners implementing projects and UNHCR¿s contractors.
- Keep up-to-date with all UNHCR rules, regulations and procedures necessary to perform these duties.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
- Business Administration;
- Management; or other relevant field.
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Finance (CPA/CIA or equivalent);
Relevant Job Experience
Good knowledge of international auditing standards.
Good understanding of the workflows of major Enterprise Resource Planning financial modules (such as PeopleSoft, SAP or Oracle). Working experience with accrual accounting (such as IPSAS or IFRS).
- FI-Financial auditing
- PM-Project Monitoring
- FI-International Auditing Standards
- DM-Data Collection and Analysis
- CO-Reporting skills
- EL-Monitoring and Evaluation
How To Apply for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 17th May 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.