Heritage International School Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Transitions Coordinator
Job Title: Transitions Coordinator – Heritage International School Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Heritage International School
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Secondary Principal
Heritage International School Profile:
Heritage International School is an all-age Christian international school located in the suburbs of Kampala, Uganda. It opened in 1994 to support children of ex-pat missionaries but has since expanded to welcome those of all faiths and none, whilst still remaining true to its core Christian values. We have over 40 nationalities represented and are currently moving towards our full capacity of 550 students.
Roles and responsibilities:
Modeling and Leadership
- Model a personal commitment to Christ and Bible-based Christian living
- Maintain personal devotional and prayer life
- Member of a Christian Church, either locally or abroad
- Seek to inspire others to Christian commitment, faith, and living
- Contribute toward and maintains a positive Christian spiritual environment
- Exhibit characteristics of being a life-long learner
- Maintain a positive academic environment focused on growth and excellence
- Consistently maintain ethical and moral personal and professional standards
- Consistently demonstrate a knowledge, and a love for a positive learning environment
- Consistently use strategies that empower and motivate the students at school
Curriculum and Instruction
- Use teaching and administrative strategies that fully support the curriculum and mission of the school in the planning and delivery of transition lessons.
- Maintain documents that are relevant to student meetings and progress towards completion of AP courses.
- Develop relationships with colleges and universities to provide students with post-secondary education options.
- Monitor high school student progress towards meeting graduation requirements.
- Prepare students for university entrance requirements by providing information and guidance, such as: courses choices, personal essays, financial aid documents, and other information needed for international student admission to university.
- Work with students and teachers to support students in preparation for the SAT and AP exams.
- Provide feedback to parents on student progress at parent teacher interviews and other meetings
- Work with others, especially the Academic Dean, the Registrar, Director of Student Support Services, and the Secondary Principal to plan and coordinate student transitions into and out of Heritage.
- Stay up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the AP program and the general curriculum
- Take part in and support school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening.
- Keep the Academic Dean and the High School Principal informed of any curriculum or AP-related changes/developments
- Cooperate with the Board and administration in implementing all policies, procedures, and directives governing the operation of the school.
- Integrate biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout all activities
- Follow the Matthew 18:15-20 principle in dealing with conflict with students, parents, staff, and administration
- Plan, organize and supervise extracurricular activities related to AP and transitions. (e.g. University and Careers fairs, Senior Transitions Tea, Senior Work Experience Week, etc.)
- Utilize educational opportunities and evaluation processes for professional growth
- Provide input and constructive recommendations to the school administration to develop the AP and transition program at the school.
- Know the school policies and procedures pertaining to the academic program of the school (e.g. Child protection, Emergency response, etc.).
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the administration.
- Possess a minimum of a degree and relevant experience
- Exhibit a continuing sense of God’s calling to minister at Heritage International School
- Demonstrates a respect for diversity of culture, religion, and different Christian traditions
- Demonstrates an appreciation for the diversity of the body of Christ
- Show evidence of recent professional growth
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of child development, program evaluation, and research related to AP learning
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Demonstrate the ability to use technology for word processing, data management and telecommunications
- Demonstrate a life congruent with our Statement of Faith of Heritage International School
- Previous travel and related experience preferred.
How To Apply for Heritage International School Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.