Aga Khan Foundation Jobs 2022 – Fresher Enumerator (ECD)
Job Title: Enumerator (ECD) – Aga Khan Foundation Jobs 2022
Organization: Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) Profile:
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private, non-denominational development agencies that share a mission to improve the living conditions and opportunities of marginalized communities in target countries across Africa and Asia. AKF was established by His Highness the Aga Khan in Switzerland in 1967 and began working in East Africa in 1974. In Uganda, AKF operates a multi-sectoral portfolio that includes programming in Education, Economic Inclusion, Civil Society, Health, and Early Childhood Development predominantly in the Central and West Nile Regions. AKF is committed to ensuring that girls and boys, women and men, are equipped with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values to help them interact effectively with the world and be contributing members of a pluralistic society.
Madrasa Early Childhood Programme Uganda (MECPU) Profile
The Madrasa Early Childhood Programme Uganda (MECPU) is a community based Early Childhood Development program of the Aga Khan Foundation Uganda (AKFU) that was established with the objective of helping communities establish and run their own Early Childhood Education (ECE) Programmes to prepare and enable children go to school, stay in school, and learn.
MECPU implements interventions that focus on a multi-sectoral ECD framework whose key components include education, health, nutrition, social protection, and child protection. It also focuses on enhancing the ability of ECD Caregivers, community leaders, community health workers/Village Health Team (VHTs) members and parents to support optimal child development from birth to the age of eight.
MECPU works with disadvantaged communities in Central and West Nile regions of Uganda.
Madrasa Early Childhood Programme is implementing the “Support to ECDs Post Lockdown (STEP-L) project in the districts of Mukono, Kampala, and Wakiso in Central Uganda to improve on access and the quality of ECDs in the 3 districts. During the intervention, MECPU is to conduct a bi-annual assessment to identify changes in the project intervention in the communities of implementation to be measured over the course of the project focusing on the effectiveness of caregivers engaging children, teachers engaging parents and schools meeting MoH and MoES guidelines and standards.
Reporting to the MERL Officer, the enumerators will be responsible for data collection and entry and below are key and specific duties and responsibilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Attend the planned trainings for Data Enumerators at MECPU Offices
- Collect information following the assigned data collection methods
- Travel to designated ECDs and conduct interviews as required
- Organize the assessment tools, ensure their safety, and returned it to the MERL Officer.
- Gather and accurately record responses on the data collection tools
- Ensure that questionnaires have been thoroughly checked and completed before submission
- Take utmost good care of the data collection tablet and other assets that may be provided during this engagement, and return the same at the end of the assignment
- Recognize and give account of problems in obtaining data and provide useful feedback from field activities during the briefings
- Participate in briefings as communicated and agreed on by the MERL Officer
- Deliver agreed outputs on time and on budget
Skills and qualifications
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills in collecting qualitative and quantitative data
- Ability to gather information in an objective, appropriate and sensitive way by carefully observing, actively listening, paying full attention to the situation and the information of the various sources
- Ability to effectively communicate in English and Local language (Luganda)
- Ability to enter, transcribe, record, maintain data/information in written or electronic forms
- Excellent and demonstrated understanding of ethical issues in research
- Adherence to AKF’s values and safeguarding policy.
- Ability to respond to comments and questions in a timely, & appropriate manner
- And Candidates should at least have a Degree in Social work
Duration of the activity
- The activity will take two weeks
How To Apply for Aga Khan Foundation Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below
Deadline: 15th July 2022 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.