UpEnergy Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Engineering Technician
Job Title: Engineering Technician – UpEnergy Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: UpEnergy Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
UpEnergy Uganda Profile
UpEnergy brings aspirational products that save energy and improve health within reach of low-income customers. We develop distribution channels that sell efficient and clean energy technologies. We finance our product subsidies and our growth via bespoke projects that generate carbon emissions reductions that we produce for global partners seeking emissions reductions and social impact co-benefits.
We sell products under our SmartHome brand, and through partnerships with other brands. We operate regional distribution hubs and build relationships directly with customers through the SmartHome sales operation. We’ve seen 100%+ year on year growth for many years and have reached over 800,000 African households with products that deliver health and income benefits. A typical Smarthome stove saves each family we reach about 9% of their annual income while reducing air pollution.
UpEnergy has a 10 year track record of building projects that overperform expectations in the generation of emissions reductions, and that deliver on our the energy savings promise to our customers. We are one of the largest developers by volume of projects focused poverty alleviation through energy savings and fuel switching. Our team has a collective 50 years of experience and is at the forefront of Paris-era project finance.
UpEnergy is at a time of exciting growth, both in terms of team and geographic location. We are seeking an Engineering Technician who will support our engineering team with development, evaluation, and testing of new products/prototypes, troubleshooting of issues on current products, research, and customer support. This role will require someone who is both very organized and capable of working in a team environment to deliver timely and concise results. This role will report to the Product Development Engineer and the location is Uganda.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate new products and prototypes.
- Prepare test reports and liaise with manufacturers on corrective actions.
- Oversee the maintenance and operation of in-house production equipment.
- Troubleshoot issues reported on current products by sales and customer service teams.
- Provide technical support to pilot teams.
- Provide technical support and training to customer service and sales representatives
- Conduct cost-down research on new and existing products
- Diploma or undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Strong attention to detail
- Capable of conducting independent research
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to interpret technical drawings, engineering terminology.
- Exhibits solid customer service and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with GD&T
- Experience with CAD tools.
The Engineering Technician will receive a competitive salary and bonus.
How To Apply for UpEnergy Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their CVs and applications online via the link below:
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.