IOM Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Driver
Job Title: Driver – IOM Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Organisation for Migration (IOM)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reference No: VN/014/2022
International Organisation for Migration (IOM) Profile
Established in 1951, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the administrative and functional supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer (SRMO) IOM Uganda and the direct supervision of the Logistics and Procurement Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for driving IOM Vehicles transporting the refugees from the camps to the capital and vice versa and inside the city in the framework of the resettlement multi-year program. The incumbent will be also responsible for driving IOM vehicles to transport IOM staff and goods authorized by IOM, from one destination to another in a timely, safe, and cost-effective manner.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive assigned IOM office vehicle(s) under Resettlement and Movement Management (RMM).
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s) to ensure roadworthiness of the vehicles. This includes daily check of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, etc.
- Arrange for minor repairs and ensures that the vehicles are kept clean.
- Ensure that the vehicles undertake regular service intervals.
- Keep records of spare parts for vehicle(s) and conduct monthly inventory of the spare parts.
- Find the most direct and safe route over the best available roads to the destination.
- Ensure that the IOM vehicle(s) is used only for official/authorized business, as advised by the supervisor.
- Make sure that the daily log sheet is prepared, and a monthly report is prepared summarizing statistics linked to mileage, fuel consumption, etc. for the vehicle.
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves IOM and its officials. Take proper actions to reduce potential security threats to IOM officials and/or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes.
- Meet official personnel at the airport(s) and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications/items from and to the country office; go to the post office, airport, government agencies, other UN agencies, institutions, project sites, etc., to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required.
- When needed, assist the country office staff in performing simple clerical duties such as making and answering telephone calls, making photocopies, keeping records, etc.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for IOM Uganda Jobs 2022
- High school degree/certificate with minimum 2 years of relevant working experience or bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Valid national driver’s licence.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Knowledge of radio, email, telephone, and other applications.
- Strong computer skills – Word, Excel and Internet
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills;
- Attention to details;
- Proven ability to communicate cross-culturally;
- Fluency in English
- Working Knowledge of any other UN languages.
- Required Competencies
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How To Apply for IOM Uganda Jobs 2022
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience.
Interested applicants may send their applications to email@example.com no later than 24th August 2022. Reference Number and Position Title: VN/UG/013/2022 –Driver should be specified in the SUBJECT field. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Deadline: 24th August 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.