IRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Enrolled Nurse
Job Title: Enrolled Nurse – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Bidibidi, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 25 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and local communities. IRC Uganda has it country office in Kampala and regional offices in Kit gum Moroto, and Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming
The Enrolled nurse will be responsible for ensuring delivery of high quality and efficient clinical services to clients at IRC facilities, ensuring that high standards are adhered to in assessments, handling of emergencies, treatment and administration of medicines according to the Uganda Ministry of Health guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022:
- Provide information to clients to reduce their vulnerability to diseases and infections through health education both at facility and community.
- Attend to clients and provide treatments as prescribed by the clinicians. Actively participate in the close monitoring of patient vitals and timely informing the clinicians to review when necessary.
- Participate in client referral and transfer process as need arise
- Dispense drugs and other medical items to clients where necessary
- Participate in awareness creation and sensitization in the communities on communicable and non-communicable diseases e.g. HIV, TB e.t.c
- Participate in community engagements such as integrated outreaches and community dialogues when called upon.
- Participate in the capacity building of community based health workers and other members (i.e. CME’S) Participate in the drawing and implementation of work plans for the clinic
- Promote the vision, mission and the values of IRC as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organization.
- Ensure health, safety, and security in your area of operation
- Ensure adherence to good practices of infection prevention and control at work.
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned to you by your supervisors.
- Provide regular feedback to the clinicians on status of the patients
- Assist in preparation of donor reports;
- Participate in the development and implementation of program work plans.
Key working relationships:
Direct supervisor: Nursing Officer.
Technical support: Medical Officer, Health facility In-charge.
Other: Logistics, finance, admin staff.
Govt. of Uganda: District Health Team and other district officials
Other: NGOs, INGOs and UN agencies working in the project region
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- Certificate in Nursing.
- Should be registered with relevant professional body and must have a valid practicing licence
- At least one year working experience in Primary Health Care settings:
- Experience in planning, organizing and coordinating health activities;
- Experience in Information management
Skills and Abilities
- Counselling skills
- Communication skills
- Clinical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team building skills
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: August 25th,2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.