LWF Uganda Jobs 2022 – 6 Fresher Project Assistants (Psychosocial)
Organization: Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda
Job Location: Adjumani (02), Lamwo (02), Kyangwali (01) & Obongi (01)
Reports to: Project Officer (Psychosocial)
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda Limited Profile:
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world. Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda is part of the LWF World Service and we are currently supporting Congolese and South-Sudanese refugees living in settlements in the districts of Kamwenge, Adjumani, Moyo, Kyangwali and Lamwo respectively.
Under the guidance of the Project Officer, the Project Assistant- Psychosocial is responsible for the day-to-day psychological support of beneficiaries as well as providing specialized counselling, support to child protection and GBV cases.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Liaising with and working in cooperation with the relevant local authorities, community leaders, and nongovernmental organizations, collaborating/implementing partners and other stakeholders where appropriate in order to achieve the project objectives and facilitate project implementation.
- Collects and tabulates on a regular basis field data on project activities carried out
- Conducts other assessments using participatory approaches for all beneficiaries to determine the relevance and impacts of the project.
- Regularly visits all the beneficiary sites where all project activities are undertaken, checks on the progress, offers support as directed by the project officer in line with the project objectives.
- The Project Assistant- psychosocial will be responsible for providing the various psychosocial support activities in the settlement.
- Conducts a daily visual assessment of persons of concern (POC) and ensures a variety of structured psychosocial interventions within the settlement, catering to the needs of POC of different ages, genders, and abilities.
- Promotes case management for persons with psychosocial problems, refers and follows up on the reception services, coordinates, consults and collaborates with other service providers.
- Lead on outreach activities and assists in the organizing and implementation of trainings and workshops.
- Liaises with household members and other community leaders regularly to keep them informed of any development or problems within the settlements and surrounding areas.
- Supervises and supports community participation in refugee settlements and at all the sub county level for the effective implementation and coordination of psychosocial activities.
- Promotes active community participation in specified project activities through involving beneficiaries, intermediaries and local leaders in the planning and implementation process.
- Assists the project officer in preparing periodical work plans, case follow-ups and reports on psychosocial activities and achievements in line with the requirements stipulated in the project documents.
Promotes active and meaningful participation of the other field staffs, beneficiaries and other intermediaries in planning, implementation and evaluation of project activities as required.
Trains and mentors LWF community-based facilitators and community counsellors in organizational policies, recreational and psychosocial activities implemented within the refugee settlement.
Supervises and supports community participation in refugee settlements and at all the sub county level for the effective implementation and coordination of psychosocial activities.
Financial management / Budget Monitoring & Control:
- Ensures proper supporting documents (attendance lists (with all the necessary information filled.) end of activity reports.
- Ensures timely accountability and closely follow up with field payments.
Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Work closely with M&E team to monitor project performance and ensure an appropriate level of accountability;
- Ensure that proper mapping of right beneficiaries is done & information shared on time.
- Undertakes other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Ensures strict adherence to the principles of child protection/psychosocial support at all times including respect for confidentiality and a child centered approach, and act in the best interests of the persons of concern.
- Commitments to and understanding of LWF aims, values and principles including rights-based approach.
- Ensures that organization assets are maintained and taken good care.
Minimum Qualifications for LWF Uganda Jobs 2022:
How To Apply for LWF Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 24th August 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.