FHI 360 Uganda Jobs 2022 – EpiC Uganda Accounts Payable Officer
Job Title: EpiC Uganda Accounts Payable Officer – FHI 360 Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: FHI 360 Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
FHI 360 Uganda Profile:
FHI 360 is a leading global development organization dedicated to improving lives around the world. Our professional staff includes experts in education, health, nutrition, economic development, civil society and environment as well as cross-cutting experts in gender issues, research, applied science, behavior change and Technology giving us the unique mix of capabilities to address today’s diverse and interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world.
Performs accounting functions and conducts the theory and practice of recording, classifying, examining and analyzing data and records of financial transactions.Reviews and consolidates Country Office financials on a monthly basis. Processes and records journal entries, cash receipts/field cash management and wire payments. Responds to inquiries and assist in trainings. Maintains general ledger accounts and supporting sub-ledgers and produces various accounting reports. Participates in various accounting projects including external or internal audits, system upgrades, changes to accounting processes or procedures and other projects as assigned.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Applies accounting principles and practices to a limited range of accounting, budgeting, forecasting, cost accounting and/or other fiscal functions.
- Provides support for field programs by conducting live meeting training on financial systems and processes.
- Works with Global Program Management (GPM) staff to help them understand the financial aspects of the assigned Country Offices.
- Reviews Country Office monthly financial reports for month end closings involving cash and travel reconciliations, accuracy of reports, and cost allowances.
- Work may include: reconciliation of accounts or reports, examination of various financial statements for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to guidelines, and maintenance of subsidiary ledgers.
- Assists in various financial analysis projects and closure of accounting records.
- Reconciles US-based sub-recipients with the General Ledger accounts.
- Reviews inter department cash requests and journal entries.
- Assists with internal and external audit request.
- Prepares field office risk assessment reports.
- Independently applies accounting principles and practices to a variety of accounting, budgeting, forecasting, cost accounting and/or other fiscal functions.
- Work may include: account report preparation and reconciliation, development and implementation of control systems for determining and distributing costs, working with administrators to develop and operate accounting systems, examination of a variety of accounting documents to verify conformance with internal policies and external accounting standards.
- Prepares reports and statements requiring interpretation and analysis.
- May be involved in system design.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Independently interpret and apply thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and their application.
- Apply thorough knowledge of applicable information technology to perform the accounting duties.
- May develop and implement system changes.
- Compile, monitor, examine, and audit various moderately complex financial statements / reports / accounts or budget codes for accuracy, integrity and conformance to accounting and program guidelines.
- Develop, evaluate and implement changes to accounting systems and processes.
- Identify substantive issues and thoroughly and accurately research and analyze them.
- May design data collection, reporting tools and financial models.
- Prepare, disseminate and interpret financial reports.
- Serve as technical advisor on fiscal management and reporting issues.
- Evaluate systems of control and recommend improvements/changes.
- Prepare written and/or technical products which convey concise, comprehensive and accurate findings and conform to guidelines; provide appropriate documentation to support conclusions; may review and edit the work of others.
- Convey and/or consult on issues of a moderately complex nature in a clear, concise, and organized manner.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships that foster organizational success.
- Modify delivery, language, or content to account for the characteristics and needs of the audience.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Assess and may resolve unprecedented problems that require research and review of policy and procedures and regulations.
- Apply judgment for problem resolutions or program requirements based on delegated authority.
- Identify changing requirements and problems regarding management needs and other fiscal procedures, account structures or reports, and accounting systems.
- Recognize respond to and may correct unusual activity.
- Differentiates between routine and non-routine transactions and seeks guidance when required.
- Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normally have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization.
- Supports internal and external audit requests.
- Explains variances in a concise manner.
- Suggests improvements to system and accounting processes.
- Work is performed under general direction.
- Participates in determining objectives of assignments.
- Plan schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. * Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. * Recommends and/or makes selection decision.
- Develops implements and improves work plans as needed.
- May serve as a coach or mentor to lover level employees in the department.
- May provide some on-the-job training.
Minimum Qualifications for FHI 360 Uganda Jobs 2022:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent – Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Related Field
- Typically requires a minimum of 3+ years of accounting experience in public accounting firm or a large company.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Prior team lead experience preferred.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
How To Apply for FHI 360 Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 2nd September 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.