CORSU Jobs 2022 – Fresher Orthopaedic Technologist
Job Title: Orthopaedic Technologist – CORSU Jobs 2022
Organization: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services (CORSU)
Duty Station: Kisubi, Uganda
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services (CORSU) Profile:
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services for people with disability in Uganda (CORSU) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, non-governmental organization and is supported by CBM (Christian Blind Mission). CORSU provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children as well as adults with disability.
Fabricate, repair and issue good quality prosthetics/orthotics (assistive devices and appliances) for patients/users.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Assessment of patient/user
- Is responsible for the examination of the patient/user and prescription of prosthetics/orthotics; and advises on the design of the prosthetic/orthotic device interface, suspension and selection of the proper components.
- Advises on relevant aspects of pre-surgical, post-surgical, medical and therapeutic management of individuals requiring prosthetic/ orthotic devices.
- Records and reports any pertinent information regarding patients/users and their families, including a determination of expectations and needs.
- Communicates appropriate information to patients/users and their families.
Fabrication, Fitting and Issuing of prosthetics/orthotics
- Identiﬁes physical and other relevant characteristics of the patient/user.
- Formulates a range of prosthetic or orthotic designs including selection of materials, components and additional aids.
- Is responsible for all casts and measurements required for proper fabrication and ﬁtting.
- Modiﬁes positive and/or negative models and/or layouts of design to obtain optimal ﬁt and alignment.
- Carries out ﬁtting, static and dynamic alignment and, where appropriate, preliminary training and initial check-out.
- Performs and/or supervises fabrication of the prosthesis or orthosis.
Evaluation and follow-up
- Advises the team and participates directly in ﬁnal check-out and evaluation of ﬁt, function and cosmesis.
- Instructs the patient/user or family in the use and care of the device.
- Takes part in follow-up procedures as well as maintenance, repair and replacement of the appliance.
- Recognizes the need to repeat any of the identiﬁed steps in order to optimize ﬁt and function.
- Collaborates and consults with other multidisciplinary team members engaged in the management of the patient/user.
Management and supervision
Supervises the tasks of supporting staff and manages workshop activities assigned to him/her, including:
- use and maintenance of tools and equipment
- maintenance of safe working environment and procedures
- inventory and stock control
- appropriate record keeping
- production quality control
Devises improved job methods for increasing efﬁciency.
Liaises with various disciplines/departments involved in client rehabilitation whenever required.
Training and education
- Supervise and take part in the training of orthopaedic technologists, technicians and bench workers.
- Train and demonstrate to colleagues and other professionals concerned with prosthetics/orthotics and also to community and other interested groups.
- Participate in Information, Education and Communication (IEC) sessions for patients and attendants.
- Participate and contribute to the process of continuing professional development.
- Keeps abreast of new developments concerning prosthetics/orthotics and teaching techniques.
- Participate in community rehabilitation programs about prosthetics and orthotics upon request.
- Diploma in Orthopaedic Technology.
- Up-to-date registration and annual practicing licence with Uganda Allied Health Professionals’ Council.
- Skills to fabricate Canadian prostheses, Upper limb prostheses, corsets and callipers.
- Minimum of 3 years’ working experience.
- Knowledge of rehabilitation of people with disabilities especially children
- Computer knowledge and documentation skills.
How To Apply for CORSU Jobs 2022
NB: Qualified persons should submit their applications (detailed CV with covering letter plus copies of academic qualifications clearly indicating position applied for).
Write to The Head of Human Resource, CoRSU Hospital P.O. 46 Kisubi or email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews. The closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday,31st August,2022.
- Qualified persons with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 31st August 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.