ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022 – Community Based Protection Officer
Job Title: Community Based Protection Officer – ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: ALIGHT Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Alight Uganda Profile
ALIGHT, formerly the American Refugee Committee (ARC), is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 40 years. In 2011, Alight helped nearly 2.5 million people get essential services to regain their health and take back control of their lives. Alight works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to communities of refugees and internally displaced persons in seven countries in Africa, Asia and Europe, including Iraq, Kosovo, and in the Darfur region of Sudan and is currently providing for emergency relief and recovery in Haiti. Alight provides shelter, clean water and sanitation, health care, skills training, microcredit education, protection to help survivors of war and natural disasters to rebuild their lives with dignity, health care, security and self-sufficiency.
Job Summary for ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022:
Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting a Community Based Protection Officer for our program in Uganda to be based at Oruchinga Office. You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
Reporting directly to the Team Leader, the Community Based Protection Officer will ensure quality protection outcomes by catalyzing community actions around the PSNs, providing direct support to PSNs, and drawing from synergy with the larger community protection components.
Roles and Responsibilities for ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022:
Project development, implementation and reporting:
- Under the supervision of the Team Leader, contribute to drafting concept papers and proposal development.
- Lead the process of yearly/ quarterly and monthly plans for Community Based Protection programs
- Make sure that all community services projects adhere to the standards and or principles of the respective thematic areas as well as ALIGHT guidelines and accountability standards.
- Lead the process of CRI distribution for POCs from Alight side- coordination, pre awareness raising and post monitoring, litigation desk etc. as per standards
- Support to PSN:
1. Lead from Alight the process of PSN profiling and ongoing risks analysis in order to design adequate responses.
2. Ensure PSN support is planned and provided as per needs assessment and profiling
- Strengthening of community structures:
- Responsible for mapping of community based structures in the settlement
- Conducting needs assessment and providing, tracking and monitoring of support provided to 1. Community self-management structures 2. Community groups – as per agreed programs of UNHCR and BPRM
- Strengthening of community:
- Ensure capacity building plan and training materials are prepared for the community members training.
- Designing and conducting quality trainings – with pre and post-tests, training reports and clearly documenting impact of trainings on persons trained
- Community Complaint Mechanism
- Responsible for functionality of all Complaint Response mechanism are fully functional (suggestion boxes, FRRM, Protection desks, Community structures)
- Documentation of monthly trends on complaints received to gauge which methods is working well and or not and putting in corrective actions
- Ensure Accountability to Affected Population Plan (e.g. FGDs etc) – how, what, when, where, who is developed – all data received should be documented as per each sub sector
- Ensure a weekly monitoring of protection trend in the settlement and share reports with Team Leader.
- Contribute in preparation of monthly and weekly activity and spending plans.
- Contribute in drafting weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and other reports.
- Spontaneously draft and share flash reports on major protection incidents and risks.
Coordination and representation:
- Develop relationships with a range of key stakeholders, Local Government and other stakeholders on the community services thematic areas at the field level in close liaison with the Team Leader.
- Represent ALIGHT and participate actively in the local Community Services working groups and any other meeting as requested.
- Close co-ordination in project implementation with partners (UN agencies and national/international NGOs), including referrals, community services gap analysis, advocacy.
- Work closely with the other program components to maximize program output and impact.
Staff development and management:
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership for the Community Based Protection Assistants, Incentive workers, and community based structures within the operational area.
- Develop staff performance measurement and targets and appraise them based on the set targets.
- Conduct daily field visits to support Community Based Protection Assistant – mentoring – through technical back stopping and to train duty bearers.
- Uphold ’s code of conduct and principles on accountability.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Contribute to the daily quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects and interventions.
- Identify, document and disseminate relevant project success, challenges and follow up on implementation of project’s action points
- Assist in participatory needs/vulnerability and capacity assessments of affected communities
- Participate in project evaluations and assist in the analysis of results.
- On request perform any other additional duties assigned by the supervisors in order to allow the organization to function optimally.
- Adhere to ALIGHT’s code of conduct.
Minimum Qualifications for ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022
- A university degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Adult and Community Education, Social Work and Social Administration, Community Psychology or any related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Community Services or community development interventions.
- Familiarity with effective community mobilization techniques and social change approaches, such as Raising Voices SASA!, strongly preferred.
- Experience in participatory methods for community education and mobilization.
- Diplomacy and assertiveness; the ability to confront and discuss sensitive issues with respect.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
How To Apply for ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should apply through the link below.
Deadline: 5th September 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.