Internal Audit Assistant – UCU Uganda Jobs
Job Title: Internal Audit Assistant
Organization: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Location: Arua Campus
Roles and responsibilities:
• Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability, and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
• Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
• Obtain, analyze, and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts, etc.
• Prepare and present reports that reflect the audit’s results and document the process
• As an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality, and goal achievement
• Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
• Maintain open communication with management and the audit committee
• Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
• Conduct follow-up audits to monitor management’s interventions
• Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding the sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standards.
• Must have a bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance/Business Administration/Commerce Majoring in Accounting and Finance from a recognized institution of higher learning.
• Must be fully registered with professional bodies like CPA or ACCA
• Must have three (3) years of experience as an Internal or External Audit Assistant in a reputable organization.
• In-depth understanding of Auditing and control practices
• Strong accounting and analytical skills
• Integrity and reliability
• Must possess strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
• Must have advanced computer skills in MS Office, Accounting software like SAP and FOCUS.
• Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and compile detailed reports.
• Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules, and regulations.
• Demonstrate high standards of integrity, ethics, objective judgment, and independence
• Should be a mature and committed Christian.
How To Apply:
Send two (2) copies of an application letter together with an updated Curriculum Vitae and three references (Academic, Pastoral & Leadership)
- Two (2) copies of Certified academic certificates and transcripts from a recognized institution of higher learning
- Applications sent online should have all the attachments as ONE PDF document otherwise they will not be considered.
Send your application via email: to email@example.com or deliver it physically to:
The Director, of Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University
P.O. Box 4, Mukono
Application Deadline: 12th June 2023
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.