3 Finance & Admin Officers – AFOD Uganda Jobs
Job Title: 3 Finance & Administration Officers
Organization: Alliance Forum for Development(AFOD)
Duty station: Adjumani, Obongi/Moyo & Kiryadongo
Roles and responsibilities:
• Ensure adequate financial controls are in place to maintain proper accountability of expenditures for the projects.
• Ensure the financial transactions are properly authorized, recorded, have adequate supporting documentation, filed, maintained and can be easily extracted for the purpose of preparing financial statements and financial audits.
• Monitor budgets and expenditures, and contribute to preparation and revision of budgets during project proposal writing and budget reviews.
• Ensure minimum usage of cash in the transactions, rather payments done through Mobile Money payment system (Yo! Uganda Ltd, Beyonic) etc.
• Ensure AFOD Uganda financial books are compatible with the corresponding state procurement laws and financial standards such as GAAP, IFRS, among others.
• Preparing and submitting accurate timely, reliable financial documents and financial reports e.g. BVAs, Quarterly and Annual Financial Reports.
• Prepare project budgets, financial reports, statements and submits to the country office for funding.
• Ensures real time data entry to the accounting software, (Quick Books) and generates monthly reports.
• Check that all procurement processes and expenditures are followed accordingly.
• Check budget lines to ensure that all transactions are booked to the correct budget lines and receipts for all payments are obtained.
• Prepare payment vouchers, journals and ensure they are dully signed and stamped.
• Verify accountabilities of documents provided.
• Ensuring safe custody of petty cash.
• Ensure availability and adequate office supplies at the field offices.
• Establish and maintain an updated inventory of the organization’s assets.
• Prepare regular financial reports for attention of management.
• Over-see contracting of external services in line with AFOD’s policies on sourcing services.
• Over-see the purchase and overall management of assets, and ensure that such assets are in good working conditions and that they are utilized according to the rules and regulations of AFOD
- Must hold an honors Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business administration accounting option or any other related course.
- CPA or ACCA accreditation is an added advantage.
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience in working with NGOs/INGOs
- Good understanding of current accounting software
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly self-motivated with strong organizational and planning skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Financial and budget analysis including budgeting.
- Financial performance review methods and techniques
- Financial reporting to partners/donors
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- Good understanding of international accounting standards, financial management policies and procedures
- Good understanding of audit and risk management function and processes.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- computer skills including the ability to operate finance software, spreadsheets and word processing programs at a highly proficient level.
- Effective written communications skills including the ability to interpret reports, budgets, proposals, policies and procedures.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should address their applications to the Human Resource Officer, AFOD Uganda.
Include a cover letter, vacancy reference, CV (with 3 referees and their functional email & contacts) and copies of academic qualifications/certificates.
Clearly state only the Position as the email subject line. Send your application by email to email@example.com or by hand delivery to AFOD offices listed below:
- Adjumani field office located on Kelvin Road Karoko Village Biyaya Parish Adjumani Town council.
- Moyo Town Field Office. For Obongi drop at the Palorinya base camp, Obongi
- Koboko field office located at Lipa Village – Near Koboko Parents Senior Secondary School.
- Kiryandongo District Headquarters, Office of the DHO-District Health office.
- Kampala Country Office located on Block 216 Plot 3973 Kanfirst Drive-Canon Road, Off Kyambogo Road Buye -Kigowa Ntinda.
Application Deadline: 24TH JULY 2023