Communications Intern – UNHCR Uganda Jobs
Job Title: Communications Intern
Duty station: Kampala
Roles and responsibilities:
- The Communications Intern will support the communications team to conduct research and identify where to get the best content to lead the narrative about refugees, generate empathy and mobilize action.
- Additionally, she/he will manage the organization’s social media platforms. This will involve addressing inquiries and ensuring prompt and accurate responses.
- The Communications Intern will actively contribute to content gathering missions by capturing videos and photographs.
- She/he will work with the Communications team to edit and produce compelling videos and photos for dissemination on various social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- The Communications Intern will play a key role in monitoring the progress of UNHCR content publication on key events and activities on all media platforms.
- They will assist in ensuring timely and accurate dissemination of important information related to key events and activities.
- The Communications Intern will closely work with the Communications focal person to develop innovative and impactful visibility concepts for UNHCR and its donors.
- Be either a recent graduate (having completed their studies within two years of applying) or a current student in a graduate/undergraduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by IAU/UNESCO; and
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to the work of UNHCR.
Desirable qualifications and skills
- Content creation: The intern should possess skills in capturing videos and photographs to contribute to content gathering missions. They should be able to work collaboratively with the Communications team to edit and produce compelling visual content for dissemination on social media platforms.
- Social media management: The intern should be proficient in managing social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their applications online via the link below:
Application Deadline: July 17, 2023; 5:00 Pm.