3 Data Clerks – Joint Clinical Research Centre
Job Title: 3 Data Clerks
Organization: Joint Clinical Research Centre
Job roles and responsibilities:
- Liaise with the different units in–charges of several service delivery points to ensure completeness of data on the patient files, the registers (ANC, Maternity, Post-natal, Exposed Infant Register, HCT register, Laboratory registers, SMC registers, Nutrition, TB registers, Pre-ART and ART
- Undertake to enter and clean all the program data entered into the database in line with the guidelines/principles as detailed in data entry protocols
- Maintains the highest standards of data quality by comparing the data entered with source documents, or re-enter verified data.
- Utilizes computerized data entry equipment and file maintenance programs to enter, store and/or retrieve information as requested or otherwise necessary, and summarize data in preparation of standardized reports.
- Participate in the facility quality improvement activities which may include collecting/summarizing data and analyzing to inform progress for quality improvement interventions.
- Routine update of facility QI Journals and work with the facility clinical teams to update the Audit tools (HEI, CALHIV, Adult, KP and NS)
- Assist health care workers at the designated facilities in data quality assurance as stipulated in the standard operating procedures and job aides
- Ensures that patient level data is securely and regularly backed up, both at the site and off site.
- Maintains hardcopy and electronic data files and reports in compliance with the program regulations.
- Receiving and dealing with enquiries and requests relating to data needs
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- A minimum of Diploma in Statistics, Medical Records, Computer Science or a related field.
- A Bachelors’ degree will be an added advantage. Vacancy Announcement USAID Local Partner Health Services – Kigezi and Lango registers, Family Planning Register, Child Register, KP/PP register) are complete.
- Working with different health unit’s departments in ensuring that timely, accurate, complete and valid data is generated from the respective registers and is submitted to MoH and PEPFAR systems by verifying all data before submission.
- Analyze the monthly summary statistics for key program indicators and compile reports for distribution to inform QI team at health facility.
- Managing and maintaining the electronic data systems which include and not limited to EMR, DHIS2, KP/PP tracker, HIBRID by ensuring systems are updated with the most current data
- MUST BE Computer Literate and with acceptable minimum speed for data entry
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in handling medical records
- Previous experience of working with international NGOs, MOH, and public health facilities will be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Practical experience in working with routine health information systems at the facility, district or national level
- Practical Knowledge in the Uganda Electronic Medical Records (Uganda EMR], and DHlS2 data entry will be an added advantage
How to apply:
All applications must be addressed to;
The Manager of Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda.
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Deadline: Friday, 1st September 2023 at 05:00 pm