2 Digital Inclusion Assistants – Food for the Hungry
Job title: 2 Digital Inclusion Assistants
Organization: Food for the Hungry
Roles and responsibilities:
- In close collaboration with the DIC, utilize FH’s core asset of long-term catalytic relationships with communities to mobilize communities, schools, teachers and learners to participate in the project
- Provide oversight of the digital communities and promote adoption of the project among communities.
- Implement and deliver a program of supportive activities that will equip teachers and learners with the access, skills and confidence in digital technologies.
- Conduct digital literacy trainings for teachers and learners in line with designed curriculum.
- Work closely with the private sector to leverage on the digital communities to increase access to digital agriculture technologies and mobile health
- Support regular data collection on adoption of digital literacy among learners in selected schools
- Work closely with District local government to regularly monitor project progress in line with KPIs and Milestones
- Support analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning, and decision-making
- Support the learning agenda of the project among digital communities which fosters digital literacy and scale up other digital inclusion offerings
- Build and maintain relationships with partner organizations, government representatives and other key stakeholders at the district level
- Work closely with the private sector partners including social enterprises, Fintechs, mobile health, Mobile Network operators to create an ecosystem that fosters digital inclusion.
- Participate in Digital partner coordination working groups, task forces and other meetings where relevant.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information technology/Systems, Software engineering, Health informatics, Business Information, Digital communication, or a related field.
- At least 2 years of implementing similar projects in the ICT4 Development sector with focus on low-income communities.
- Demonstrated experience with participatory approaches to development, including capacity building of local institutions and human-centered design
- Knowledge and experience working with other cultures and being sensitive to cross-cultural issues.
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills, risk management skills as well as decision-making skills
- Commitment to accountability to beneficiaries and transparency, showing dignity and respect, and demonstrating listening and understanding
- Have a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Strong aptitude for organizational change, participatory and servant leadership, innovation, learning, team building
- Willingness to live and work in a stressful environment with security challenges.
- Ability to interact with tact and diplomacy,
- Strong presentation, speaking and writing skills
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit their applications by clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda Email: email@example.com
Deadline: Sept 8th 2023