Research Assistant – International Rescue Committee
Job title: Research Assistant
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Location: Kampala Country Field Office
Roles and responsibilities:
- Participate in the training on RCT methodologies.
- Client mobilization, registration, and recruitment.
- Client info sessions, onboarding, and monitoring.
- Maintain communication with the RCT clients including attending to their inquiries.
- Data collection.
- Business verification and spot checks.
- Ensure compliance with organizational performance standards, code of conduct, and safeguarding policy.
- Adhere to confidentiality procedures and policies when collecting, storing, and sharing data.
- Report writing.
- Keep the supervisor appraised of all outputs, feedback and issues arising from the project activities conducted.
- Interaction with Principal Investigators.
- Translation and transcription as required by the research team.
- To perform other duties as assigned and agreed upon with the supervisor.
- Degree or Diploma in Education, International Development, Anthropology, Sociology, Linguistics, Community Development, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Experience in data collection, analysis, or research dissemination desirable.
- Minimum 1-year research experience, specifically implementing research activities in Randomized Controlled Trials (RCTs).
- Language skills: Proficiency in English and any of the following languages (French, Somali, Swahili, Amharic/Tigrinya) and must be of Eritrean or Ethiopian origin.
- Experience working with refugee communities in urban settings.
- Experience managing data collection and concrete knowledge of open-source tools such as ODK collect, KoBo Toolbox, Survey CTO or CommCare platforms.
- Excellent people skills. Approachable personality and patience to connect with clients and address their unique needs.
- Strong communication and report-writing skills.
- Flexible approach to the changing nature of work and ability to adapt to rapidly changing work demands and expectations.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a multicultural team.
- Computer skills, especially Ms. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit their applications online via the link below:
Deadline: 15th September 2023, 5:00 pm.